We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunahuana-Day Trip

Which Lunahuana hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Irvine, CA
reviews: 5
Lunahuana-Day Trip

Is it feasible to take a day trip from Lima to Lunahuana? Any recommendation on tour companies for trekking or white water raftling?

Ica, Peru
1. Re: Lunahuana-Day Trip

I have been to Lunahuana many times, and always enjoyed myself. My agency has occasionally brought tourists there. I offer the following advice:

1) Although its feasible, I think a day trip might be a bit rushed. If you have a chance to sleep a night there, you will probably enjoy yourself more.

2) MAKE SURE you check to confirm that you are arriving in the right months: for most of the year, the white water rafting at Lunahuana is too slow to be a challenge. Only for two or three months per year is it excellent. (naturally, i forget which months they are)

3) They serve cheap cocktails and mixed drinks in the plaza de armas in Lunahuana, which cost 5 soles. I have heard rumours that they use industrial alcohol (the kind that gives you cancer if you drink enough) so you might want to skip those.

4) There is also fun, and reasonably affordable, Quad biking experiences. These cuatrimotos (quad bikes) usually cost around $15 for the hour, incluiding a guide who drives in front of you.

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
2. Re: Lunahuana-Day Trip

400K or so to/from Lima

would not do as a day trip

nice for an overnite though

www.peru-hotels.com/canriogr.htm

nice there

Lima
3. Re: Lunahuana-Day Trip

You might be interested on checking this company alhough their site's english version is not working yet, just the spanish, but you can contact them and they will surely answer you in English...

http://www.candelatoursperu.com/

4. Re: Lunahuana-Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lunahuana
Recent Conversations