We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

Which Saint-Chinian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

Others post questions about accommodation in Saint Chinian

We're staying through midihideaways - in their Le Genet property.

"For great holiday accommodation in the south of France

visit our website at http://www.midihideaways.com"

Let me share our experience of midi hideaways. The communications were efficient. Le Genet - The photo's look good - it's own pool, space for 7 etc.

However, do they mention the leaking toilets, the blocked shower, the unfinished garden full of builders rubble and broken? garden furniture in the bushes, the trip hazards for the children, the graffiti - yes spray paint graffiti, on a pillar on the inside of the sun room making reference to drugs, not to mention the personal taste in figures of witches (seriously!) hanging around the house!!!

The house was supposedly "cleaned" before we arrived - we could spend two weeks shifting the dirt and grime from the kitchen alone and trying to fumigate the smelly fridge!

We leave in a barn conversion at home - we're used to rustic rural. But this is laughable.

Stay somewhere else! Pay by credit card, go the abta or atol route to be sure. This property is not worth the money, or the upset after such a long journey.

The region is pretty and full of places yet to be explored, but this rental company is not up to scratch in our view.

22 replies to this topic
UK
1. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

Since this last posting I can also add the discovery of a dead ant's nest in the corner of the kitchen and hanging bare wires from a light fitting in a bedroom... we're back home alive... but it was a close call!!!

UK
2. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

Andreas Wagner is the owner of midihideaways - great help when things are going well, useless "not us gov" when things aren't right.

In case they change the name of the Le Genet accommodation, the owner is Mme Birgit Burley Wagner, and the property is in the hamlet of La Louviere, 3460, Pardailhan, France.

3. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:43 am, May 15, 2014
Edited: 9:43 am, May 15, 2014

Bodmin, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

From your description this doesn't sound like the house we stayed in last year, but it would appear to be just the same!! We too booked through midihideaways, but our family had a wonderful holiday at La Louviere, the children loved the pool and their adventures exploring in the woods surrounding the house. I enjoyed the space at the house, and the calm and quiet, and I have no complaints whatsoever where cleanliness is concerned. Being out in the country does have its drawbacks, and I found ants coming into the kitchen on a few occasions, when I'd left things out on the counter, but they did disappear again with a bit of "TLC".

Taste is something rather personal as you say, and whilst I wouldn't have the witches and the other figures at home, I don't find them offensive, and the children thought they were great.

This was not the first time I booked through midihideaways, and I've always been very happy with the services from the company and the accommodations we stayed at.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 47
5. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

and you discovered this opportunity to post how? did someone from 'midihideaways' contact you for your testimonial?

UK
6. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

Anyone is very welcome to contact me directly for the photographs of our problems. They can then make up their own mind.

I'm afraid if only the problem was a few ants crawling back into the kitchen from the countryside. I don't call a dust pan full from an old nest under the kitchen table a problem with countryside living. That's poor hygiene, over a sustained period, not countryside living in our view. Sounds like you're related to the owners to me!!!

We stand by our comments. Buyer beware.

UK
7. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

Link to the photo's as has been requested

https:/…5700131064433603617

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
reviews: 87
8. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

Re witches : in the South witches are not necessarily evil. They live in caves and when spring comes, they come out and dance with the villagers.

They bring joy and happiness. If you give a witch to someone it is considered a sign of friendship. There are witches festivals, people who make and sell them, people who collect them, etc....

Here is a shop in Villefranche-de-Conflent (the self-proclaimed "capital of witches"). You can see what they sell :

http://www.murdid.com/photos-sorcieres/

I know it may sound strange .........

This being said, I agree that the place does not seem very well kept !

Bodmin, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

@Janet: I'm in the process of booking another holiday with midihideaways for this spring and was told of the review for Le Genet. To my mind the review is not justified, and since I was happy with my stay at the house I decided to voice my opinion.

@annrobinson: Maybe housekeeping is not my strong point, but the things which bothered you didn't get me worked up. I guess I could have taken pictures like that too if I'd bothered to take the time and wanted to complain. I decided to enjoy my holiday. And no, I'm not related to the owner of the house nor to anyone at midihideaways

@pvoyageuse: Thanks for your link about the witches - some of these look very funny, but I'd still not have one at home! Perhaps we'll visit Villefranche-de-Conflent, we'll be staying in Narbonne - is it far from there and is there anything else to see except for witches?

France
reviews: 21
10. Re: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!

I don't think Frances L. can say that the original review isn't justified - having not stayed at that particular property. The photos look dreadful and FL does actually admit that s/he could have taken similar photos of La Louviere.

These posts would definitely convince me not to use the company.

Reply to: Review of midihideaways - Le Genet DO NOT COME HERE!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Chinian