We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tell me about Campoamor...

Which Alicante hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 18
Tell me about Campoamor...

HI everyone - looks like I'm going to be spending a few weeks in Cmpoamor in July 2012 and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it's like? Good places to eat? How to get to it from Alicante airport etc?

13 replies to this topic
N.Ireland
reviews: 11
1. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Hi

Campoamor is about an hours drive south of Alicante & is south of Torrevieja. There's a bus goes from Alicante airport to Torrevieja but then you would need to take another bus or take a taxi. Depends where your staying it's quite residental & fairly spread out. Try the Torrevieja forum but need to be more precise where your staying.

Stockton Heath...
reviews: 55
2. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Depends exactly where you are going but basically its a holiday resort with 2 massive golf courses: Campoamor and Las Ramblas, a really good commercial centre called La Fuente for bars and restaurants and very close to really good beaches. Dehesa de Campoamor, or La Glea, is my favourite.

A lot also depends on how old you are - but basically lots here for everyone and July will be very, very hot!!

Ireland
reviews: 18
3. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

I am staying in Dehesa de Campoamor so I'm glad it's your favourite! Can you tell me anything more about the area? Restaurants, bars etc? Is is safe at night to walk around? How far is La Fuente? Basically anything you can tell me would be really appreciated as there are slim pickings on the Internet!

Beverley, United...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Dehasa de Campoamor is right on the beach and it's a really lovely sandy beach down there.

Campoamor golf is 5 - 10 minute drive inland and is where La Fuente Comercial Centre is located.

Not too many restaurants down there, but a short walk away id Cabo Roig strip along the n332 were you will find many bars and restaurants.

Edited: 5:54 am, June 12, 2012
Stockton Heath...
5. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

sorry, got sidetracked and forgot about this! Next time you are coming over email me and I'll give as much info as I can.

London, United...
6. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Hire cars look expensive to pick up at the airport. We're staying in las Ramblas, orihuela costa. Would there be a shuttle bus running from here to la Fuente which would mean we don't need a car? Also, is it easy to get from the airport to here without a hire car? (Can we get there by bus/ taxis easy enough and if so, how much would a taxi be from the airport?). Thanks very much

Stockton Heath...
7. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Try Torrecars in Cabo Roig or Torrevieja-we have used them for visitors in the past and were pleased with the rates. They charge for a tank of petrol only if its used, if you deliver it back full its fine.

There is no shuttle service form Las R to La Fuente and it is quite a walk although its close by. I would definitely feel I needed a car if staying there on hol. However there is a taxi rank at La Fuente and taxis are cheap. You can get a taxi from either Alicante or Murcia airport but I'm afraid I don't know the costs any more as we never use them. A local golf tour co do transfers and if you PM me I'll let you have the contact name and number.

Glasgow, United...
8. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Hi can someone tell me how far la Florida area is from campoamor as I will be staying in campoamor and I have a cousin stays in the la Florida area, also how far to cabo roig from campoamor. X. Agnes.

Torrevieja, Spain
reviews: 5
9. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Hi Agnes, Campoamor is the next resort to Cabo Roig but saying that if you are talking about the Cabo strip (bars & restaurants) they are beach side of the Main duel carriageway N332. It does really depend on what part of Campoamor you are staying in because if its by the golf course then its not as close.

La Florida is in Playa Flamenca which is close by and will need a taxi ride costing about €10 - €15 maybe you could meet up half way.

Glasgow, United...
10. Re: Tell me about Campoamor...

Thank you for replying so quickly, I always go to Benidorm which I will be going in June, but for awhile now I have wanted to visit the area I have asked you about, so we are going 23th September is the weather still good at that time. X

Reply to: Tell me about Campoamor...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alicante