We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

Which La Libertad hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock, Texas
reviews: 1
akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

My partner and I recently booked a weekend at the awkaterra hotel. They have a great website and answer inquires quickly and in good English. However, their service was the worst I've experienced in the entire world. Their hotel is a scam. It exists, but is under construction and has much work to be anywhere close to tolerable. They have no restaurant, which they claimed. There was no English speaking staff. There were roaches in the rooms. Don't fall for any of their pictures; they do not reflect reality.

6 replies to this topic
Woodside, New York
1. Re: akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

hi, if you going to la libertad go to the surfers beach of el zonte, la casa frida kalo, the best, good food $20.00 rooms,clean,bar, and nice enviroment parking, beautifull..playa dorada,same thing, good restaurants, atamy, private but with a fee$7.00they let u in nice and clean rooms ,pools, restaurant, beach,san diego, good food ,nice places to stay.beautifull beaches in mizata also,... villa esmeralda in metalio, everything u looking x its there.!!!

San Salvador
2. Re: akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

Hola Akwaterra!!!

Thank you for your generosity and patience with our group first of all. Our day there required a lot at times I'm sure, but it was absolutely memorable for all of us and I hope you guys felt the same way! Austin Willis sent out the link to your website so hopefully we can send friends and family back your way for more waves and sunshine.

Sharon Gilkey

The statement above is more in line with our usual reviews. With 7 years operating in the business we are definitely NOT A SCAM. Our renovated Surf Club did undergo some construction at the beginning of the year and although these guests were booked in the suites further away from the construction they were not pleased. Our restaurant only offers food service upon reservation. These guests did not want to buy our meal packages. In any case our english speaking surf guide quickly took them to another hotel and we fully refunded their money. I must say though, from the get go, we had a feeling that this couple was high maintenance and not really the adventurous, open minded travelers we like to cater to. Oh and extremely condensending and snap-your-fingers to-get-what-I-want type of attitude. Thankfully we have had many more guests since them this year who I am sure will be more than happy to write good reviews about our place and service.

3. Re: akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:44 am, April 14, 2011

Canada
reviews: 37
4. Re: akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

People have to be careful with those "too good to be true" scam hotels in La Libertad... I recently stayed at Posada de Don Lito in El Puerto and did my booking on line and the pictures in the website were amazing, negotiated the price, confirmed by phone, etc,. However, one night someone broke into my room at the Posada and stole about $500 dollars in valuables from my stuff. I had paid for an entire week and I did not want to stay at that place after what happened; however, the owner did not refund any money and treated my bad. I love El Salvador, but next time I visit La Libertad I am staying in El Tunco and as far as I possible from El Puerto.

San Salvador, El...
5. Re: akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

I think you were very unlucky - it's a very well respected place owned and run by a bilingual couple. I've never heard otehr complaintsd. the hotel's been there for some time. Are you CERTAIN you were where you thought you were?

6. Re: akwaterra hotel scam la libertad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:28 am, October 01, 2013

Reply to: akwaterra hotel scam la libertad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted