We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

Which Bamburi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
3 reviews
Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

Does anyone know when the renovation work is due to be completed by?

Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
1. Re: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

yes renovation in ongoing and is due to be finished end of October.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
14,084 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

For the benefit of anyone else interested, this is part of my response to a PM from Danny on this subject

Most of the rooms are in blocks facing the sea along their long frontage, they've been renovating the rooms one block at a time, I'm not sure but I think they are on the last block, certainly the most northerly block is 'cordoned off' and they seem to have been working from south to north. I seem to remember the Managing Director tweeting when they would be finished, but I can't remember when. I sometimes wander through past this block on my way to the gym (they sometimes lock the side gate on Sundays to stop people wandering in to use the pools without paying) or from the gym to the Business Centre. Although it is fenced off I've never noticed any disruption being caused or even heard any building type noise..

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

Thank you.

We will not be going until July next year, but we plan on booking the trip today.

I was slightly reluctant to book if the renovations were still due to be ongoing next summer.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

FYI, I received a respone from the hotel stating that Phase 1 is due to complete by October, but two further phases may follow immediately after.

Does anyone know how long this initial phase has taken to complete (should it complete by the end of October?

I am trying to ascertain when the additional two phases would complete.

Thanks.

Portsmouth, United...
13 posts
5. Re: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

We're staying at whitesands from 21st October for 9 nights as part of our honeymoon.

Is this likely to affect our time there at all? We have a room opening out on to the beach.

Thanks

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
14,084 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

Hi SuperDuper,

as I implied in post no2 I don't think the work has really disturbed anyone's holiday, apart from being there frequently myself, I've known a few people who have stayed as well. If you look at the map in the FAQs on the right of this page, select Whitesands from the list on the left of the map and zoom right in you'll see that the long wiggly line of ahortish blocks facing the long beach frontage is where most of the rooms are. At the moment just the last of the blocks of rooms is fenced off, it you look at the satellite photo on the map it's the block next to the swimming pools and water games area

Portsmouth, United...
13 posts
7. Re: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work

Thanks Doff. Much appreciated.

Really looking forward to spending some time there and relaxing.

Just got to figure out what bag I'm going to take now. I'm leaning towards just taking a smaller holdall for the entire two weeks. No worries about losing it or getting on internal flights. Shoes, sandals, and then lots of light clothing and swimwear. Maybe a jumper. Sorted!

Reply to: Sarova Whitesands - renovation work
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bamburi