We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iro's beach house

Which Titikaveka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
iro's beach house

Haveing a hard time finding pictures and reviews for Iro's beach villa!

Has anyone been there recently?

38 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
11. Re: iro's beach house

Thanks everyone for all the info! Im using jennie from experience Rarotonga,should i decide book Iro's, she seems very good! I have asked her to confirm that those issues have been fixed. Im awaiting pictures from donnamaree,Would any of you guys have pictures of Iro's by chance?

Canada/Australia
reviews: 12
12. Re: iro's beach house

Hi Kris,

Pictures have been sent. Have also stayed at Maeva three times(before the renovation). Maeva is a great property but has limited oceanview from the house because the landscaping is so beautiful and mature now.

Good luck with your search.

Rarotonga
13. Re: iro's beach house

Iro's is a great absolute beachfront property. I know several people who have stayed there and certainly given very positive reports. As an owner of such a nice property, they would welcome I'm sure, any feedback, afterall that's how we all improve. Iro's also has air-con too.Titikaveka Beach House next door to Iro's is also good and the same spectacular view as Iro's. Maeva is an excellent property (3 bedrooms though, so possibly a bit big for just 2) and extremely booked up after they did the renovations - unfortunately people are right, Maeva has gorgeous tropical gardens but they do block some of the equally gorgeous lagoon view. The new one bedroom at Iro's has been built on the Muri side of the villa and I am sure the owners will consider some appropriate screening, that would make sense.

Well, aren't we travellers lucky there is so much wonderful choice on such a small and very beautiful Island. Those of us who have been there have a lot to be thankful for...

Hamilton
reviews: 6
14. Re: iro's beach house

Not recent sorry but I stayed at Iro's in 2009 and it was great. The absolute beachfront location was superb and the snorkelling just out the front quite good (although a boat to the reef on Aitutaki was understandably a whole lot better). The owners were available, helpful and friendly but not at all intrusive. The piece of land was quite large, so having another place go up on it shouldn't be a problem, as long as they fence or screen it well. Are you OK for photos now? I've got some that could still help give you a good idea of the location. If I ever go back to the Cook Islands Iro's will be very high on my list to consider.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 105
15. Re: iro's beach house

Hi All I have booked Iro's Beach House next to the Villa for August and have photos so will be able to post here after my stay. For your info yes they do have a screen and also it is two bedrooms not 1. First bedroom has Queen bed with Lagoon facing and the second bedroom has two single beds

Edited: 12:08 am, June 11, 2013
Sydney, Australia
16. Re: iro's beach house

Hi all,

For those of you who are interested we stayed at Iro's beach house not the villa in August 2013 The villa is two bedrooms either side of the main area with ensuites for both and views to the Lagoon. Iro's beach house next door is probably 20 metres away which allows plenty of privacy. The house is two bedroons one Bathroom with ceiling fans in the bedrooms and lounge /kitchen. The lounge/kitchen and main bedroom has a view out to the lagoon. There was a couple of points I mentioned to the owners for some feedback. There was no flyscreen on the lounge room door to the lagoon which was an issue near dusk with mossies etc. The flyscreen on the bedroom was very light weight and we felt it was not appropriate to leave the door open at night and sleep with the flyscreen door locked. There was no bedroom lamp so if you were reading you had to get out of bed to turn the light off and there was only one mirror in the whole house. The owner took all these on board so hopefully they will be looked at but in saying all that we really enjoyed our stay there and would certainly recommend it to others. I have photos if anyone is looking to try the beach house. PS I would suggest you get some mode of transport to get around as it is really not that close to shops or Restaurants closest restaurant is Mona Sands a good 15 minutes walk away with little street lighting it is dark walking along the road and Wigmores super store is 3Klm away

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
reviews: 143
17. Re: iro's beach house

Thanks for that update greytraveller. Very useful to have recent information on properties.

I assume both properties are in the same Ownership? And can one still book direct with the owner/owners or do they only let through agents nowadays?

Sydney, Australia
18. Re: iro's beach house

Both the Villa (currently NZ$295:00 per night and the beach house next door(NZ$255.00per night can be booked through jennie@experiencerarotonga.co.nz Jennie Wilson is agents for the owners.0064212541331Just an added addition the beachouse is connected to the Telecom Hot spot network so you just need to go up to the sands Hotel and get a $10:00 card with a password on it to have 100mb of data to send and receive e-mails while you are away. I did that and had no troble for the 8 days we were there. Take some DVD too if you really want something to do at night as they is basically no TV on the Cook Islands. Anything else you need please ask.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
reviews: 143
19. Re: iro's beach house

Thanks, greytraveller

I was just curious who you booked through as I always prefer to book accommodation direct with the owner where possible.

Never need anything to do in Raro at night other than listen to the reef sitting outside in the warm air sipping a cold wine! If I need TV the local news and the TVNZ news are enough.

Glad you enjoyed your trip - you certainly chose the best stretch of beach. Tikioki/Titikaveka is my favourite.

Canada/Australia
reviews: 12
20. Re: iro's beach house

Jennie Wilson has a great facebook page under, experience rarotonga, with lots of photos of the rental properties she manages.

You can book Iro's direct with the owner. She doesn't offer it cheaper that Jennie unless you have stayed with her before.

Reply to: iro's beach house
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Titikaveka
More Titikaveka Topics