We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iro's beach house

Which Titikaveka hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
iro's beach house

Haveing a hard time finding pictures and reviews for Iro's beach villa!

Has anyone been there recently?

38 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
reviews: 57
1. Re: iro's beach house

We haven't stayed at Iro's but visited friends who were staying there some 15 months ago. The house is lovely, very well designed with a view of the lagoon from both bedrooms & the lounge room. It has a lovely large covered deck with outdoor dining furniture right on the sand almost at the waters edge. There has been no expense spared with the fitout of the property,

When we were in Rarotonga just a couple of months ago we noticed that there was another home being built next door to Iro's on the same block of land so I would suggest that Iro's no longer has that privacey that it once had.

Still, however a beautiful home on, in my opinion, the best stretch of beach on the island.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: iro's beach house

Thanks so much, We were going to stay at Makayla Palms and then iros came about ,so im having the hardest time trying to decide! Makayla has so many reviews.

Kris

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
3. Re: iro's beach house

Makayla Palms is a lovely property & also in a great spot so I can see why you'd be having a hard time deciding. I guess if your choice is between Makayla Palms & Iro's you must decide if you want to be right on the beach or in a garden setting.

Just to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons - have you looked at Cooks Bay Villas or Moana Sands Villas (not the hotel) - both nice properties on a good stretch of beach?

Edited: 8:07 pm, December 06, 2012
nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island
reviews: 143
4. Re: iro's beach house

And what about Maeva? It's right in front of Makayla Palms and is absolute beachfront on its own section. As far as I can see, the only thing that Iro's has which Maeva doesn't is a dishwasher.

A lovely house - I have looked through it - and totally private.

Single properties can't be listed for review on TA as they don't qualify, which is a pity as there are so many excellent ones on Raro.

Fernsie - that's interesting about Iro's - I didn't know that. Will look at it carefully next time I'm in Raro.

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: iro's beach house

The new house house that has been built on Iro's lot has not yet been rented, so i was told. How close to Iro's is the new house?

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 1
6. Re: iro's beach house

We stayed at Iros for 2 weeks Sept last year. It is a beautiful spot and well designed if 2 couples staying. There were a couple of maintenance issues hopefully they have been fixed. The BBQ only had one burnner working, the TV had no sound (I know I know) watching TV with such a great view but it does get dark. The main thing that would stop us returning to Iros is the shower the water prssure isnt good therefore you can have a cold shower but the hot water is only a trickle, Good luck with where you choose

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
7. Re: iro's beach house

Rascall16, what a shame you had maintenance issues - hopefully you reported them, thus giving the owner the opportunity to have things rectified for future tenants. Often owners don't know about problems unless they are reported.

Krisankate, the new house is slightly in front of Iro's but on the Muri Beach side (east). It doesn't block any view of the lagoon for Iro's Beach House. I understand it isn't owned by the owner of Iro's, it is owned by a family member. We saw the house in October & it was well on the way to being completed then, so shouldn't be too long before it's available. Hopefully, they will put up a privacy screen between the two properties.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
reviews: 68
8. Re: iro's beach house

I would definitely go for Iros or Maeva as they are beach front where Makayla Palms is not - in fact if you are in the front villas closest to the ocean you are looking at Maeva's wooden fence - not the view I hope for and this meant no breeze making the units quite hot. I also found the road noise loud at Makayla Palms and it woke me up in the mornings - although by most of our standards not a traffic jam. There is also no dishwasher at Makayla Palms. The units are well fitted out though. My other gripe about Makayla Palms was the owners dropping in everyday – sure they bought delicious baked goods but we felt like they were checking up on us and it was intrusive. We checked out Maeva and really liked it and would stay here.

Regards

Suzi

Edited: 1:55 am, December 07, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
9. Re: iro's beach house

Another property on that stretch of beach that appeals to me is Titikaveka Beach House, next door to Iro's on the eastern side. It looks fairly ordinary from the outside but it looks ok inside from pictures on the web site.

Christchurch, New...
reviews: 1
10. Re: iro's beach house

Yes Fernsie we did let the property manager know, so fingers crossed the issues have been fixed.

Krisankate another great place worth considering is Kotaa's Hideway gorgeous setting. Its situated beach front in Titikaveka Beach next to Little Polyenisan Resort it is very private surrounded by established gardens and is set well back off the road so no car noise. Over the road is Marie Nui gardens. The house has everything you could want massive deck around 3/4 of the house laundry, full kitchen and well stocked cupboards (spices etc).

The only thing missing were mozzie screens, these may have been added since we stayed.

The house was very clean and exceeded our expectations.

Reply to: iro's beach house
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Titikaveka
More Titikaveka Topics