We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Tablas

Which Las Tablas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paradise, California
reviews: 4
Las Tablas

What is the best and safest way to travel from Panama City airport to Las Tablas? We are planning a trip in May to research retiring in Panama.

Olympia, Washington
reviews: 116
1. Re: Las Tablas

They have buses but you are going to want to explore so you should just rent a car from PC to that area. There is basically only one road anyway.

Suggestion; pay a taxi driver to lead you through the city and out to the Bridge of the America's. Follow them in your rental car. We got lost twice trying to get out of town and maps and GPS are not always reliable in Panama.

The ride from Las Tablas to Pedasi is 20 minutes and again you will want some flexibility in exploring the Azuero Peninsula.

Paradise, California
reviews: 4
2. Re: Las Tablas

Thank you Florence, that is a great suggestion.

Chula Vista...
3. Re: Las Tablas

I always recommend that guests catch a taxi from Tocumen Airport to the Albrook Bus Terminal. From there, hop on a bus to Chitre where you would rent the car. Drive 25 minutes to Las Tablas from Chitre and explore the area. The closest beach to Las Tablas is Uverito Beach, which has a lot of potential for retirees. On the way back, drop the rental car off in Chitre and relax on the bus back to Panama City.

US Virgin Islands
reviews: 40
4. Re: Las Tablas

Thanks for this advise. It has been hard for me to find info about how to get to Las Tablas. I will be a solo female traveler and may not want to rent a car at all. I am guessing there are buses from Chitre to Las Tablas. Will I get along OK in Las Tablas without a car? Can I get to the beach without a car? I"m planning to visit in August, 2013 for about 2 weeks if I can find an affordable place to stay.

Chula Vista...
5. Re: Las Tablas

You can catch a bus directly from the Albrook Bus Terminal to Las Tablas. The town of Las Tablas is fairly small and walkable, so you can get along without a car. Although it is possible to walk to the closest beach - Uverito Beach, I would recommend catching a taxi and paying $5-$7 to get there because it is about 10 kilometers away. There are affordable places to stay at Uverito Beach, but most don't advertise on the internet.

6. Re: Las Tablas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Las Tablas
More Las Tablas Topics