We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical facilities and services in Las Tablas

Which Las Tablas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flower Mound, Texas
Medical facilities and services in Las Tablas

What medical services are available locally in the Las Tablas area? If an older couple would retire in Las Tablas, would there be emergency treatment for a heart attack, stroke, broken bone, etc? Are there air evacuation services to take patients to PC for emergency and/or major medical treatment? I think that your readers would like to know about medical facilities before visiting Las Tablas.

Thank you,

Chuck

3 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 14
1. Re: Medical facilities and services in Las Tablas

The only place in Panama with U.S. Standards type of medical facilities is Panama City. There is a hospital in Las Tablas and it will take care of most emergencies, but it is a public hospital. There are small private clinicas. Transfers by air can be privately arranged. Maybe you should post this on a retirement forum.

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 78
2. Re: Medical facilities and services in Las Tablas

And some areas have small clinics with xray, and have ambulances, like Coronado, but in any event to answer your question. If something major happens in ANY remote area outside the city; not knowing where or how you can be air lifted; and if you do not speak Spanish, you just may not make it to PC in time to do all you may need to quickly recover, or even live. Sorry, but I cannot sugar coat this answer......I feel honesty is better.

Nor would I let fear keep me from visiting outlying areas far from PC.

Edited: 3:48 pm, May 24, 2012
Cape Canaveral...
reviews: 125
3. Re: Medical facilities and services in Las Tablas

I needed medical care in Pedasi 40 minutes away and thought I was going to see someone come in and pay with chickens but the care was fast and good. The next day I needed more in Las Tablas and service at a clinic was slow.

Reply to: Medical facilities and services in Las Tablas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Las Tablas
More Las Tablas Topics