We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Between El Silencio Lodge and Hotel Punta Islita

Which Bajos del Toro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 31
Travel Between El Silencio Lodge and Hotel Punta Islita

I'm considering a trip to the Hotel Punta Islita (Playa Samara) and their sister property, the El Silencio in November. I'm a bit concerned about travel between the two. Has anyone driven the roads between the hotels? Will they be passable in November? If not, Hotel Punta Islita informed me that they have their own private charter flight. Has anyone used this? Does it go directly to the El Silencio? What about NatureAir? I understand they have very strict luggage policies. Thoughts on the best way to travel between the two properties?

4 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Travel Between El Silencio Lodge and Hotel Punta Islita

By land it is a 7 to 8 hour transfers and part of the road close to Islita is in very bad shape and a river has to be crossed. You can do a land transfer but make sure the transfer is done with a 4x4 to ensure that they will be able to go through. Flying with Nature Air would be the best option as it would not take that long, but they only fly there 3 times a week so you need to accomodate your dates to their schedule, plus you might need to pay for extra luggage as you mentioned. Both places are great places to visit. Have a great trip!

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 31
2. Re: Travel Between El Silencio Lodge and Hotel Punta Islita

Hi Mike. Thanks for the info. Have you driven this before? The hotel advised that it was only a 4.5-5 hour drive between the properties????

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Travel Between El Silencio Lodge and Hotel Punta Islita

Yes I have and it was a very bad road the last part before Punta Islita. You should be fine just be prepared for the long drive. On your way or after El Silencio Lodge do a stop at the Zarcero Park and at the entrance of Zarcero you can get some of that delicious PALMITO cheese, try it out. Both properties you are visiting are excellent, you will have a great trip it is a nice combination Cloud-Rain Forest and Beach. Also try to have one of your dinners by the fireplace at El Silencio. It gets cold there so take a sweter or jacket.

Cartago, Costa Rica
4. Re: Travel Between El Silencio Lodge and Hotel Punta Islita

It is really a long way by land (be prepared to spend most of the day time on the road), flying to Punta Islita would be much better if possible to accomodate your schedule.

Reply to: Travel Between El Silencio Lodge and Hotel Punta Islita
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bajos del Toro