We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo at El Silencio Lodge?

Which Bajos del Toro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 22
Solo at El Silencio Lodge?

I/m trying to decide where to go on my next vacation and I have every intention of going by myself as I really just need to get away from it all. Usually, I rent an apartment and live like a local. Being that my spanish is so-so and I've never been Costa Rica, I thought it would be a better idea to stay at a resort that has individual lodges/bungalows.

El Silencio seems to fit the bill for al the things I'm looking for but I a few questions...

Since I'm traveling alone, are there a lot of families/honeymooners there? I don't mind other people but I am looking for quiet and where it won't be odd to be traveling by myself. I have no issues with it but some places are more accepting of it than others. I travel alone as often as I can. haha.

Thank you for any info you may have!!

2 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Solo at El Silencio Lodge?

Are you talking about El Silencio Lodge in and around Sarchi, Valverde Vega??

If yes...it can be can of boring there ...not much going on...!!

Please let us know a little more about what will be nice for you...!!

roadadvisor

New York City, New...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Solo at El Silencio Lodge?

Yes, I'm talking about the El Silencio lodge in Bajos del Torro according to the resort website. I don't think there is another, is there? I am definitely looking for something relaxing. Maybe a little hiking & enjoying nature. I'm not looking for nightlife or anything like that. Mostly, just some peace & quiet in a pretty environment.

Reply to: Solo at El Silencio Lodge?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bajos del Toro
More Bajos del Toro Topics