We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Basic Bohol tips: Nov 2012

Which Panglao Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reno
reviews: 19
Basic Bohol tips: Nov 2012

We went for 8 days & stayed at Hayahay Resort. Hotel was very basic but location was pretty central. But keep in mind that staying in such a busy place also means noise until 3am - at least this was the case for us.

We try to eat at the restaurants with a lot of people assuming the food also has high turn-over.

Still don't know where to eat? Check out the restaurant's menu first. It's ok. Just ask them.

Instead of ordering separate drinks, we always ask I try carry te 1.5L bottles of water or soda & just share.

At times, there are carolers (yes, Christmas carolers start in November) which expects a "tip" or vendors selling stuff. If you sit in the inner areas of the dining room (vs the perimeter), they are less likely to bother you.

We don't buy large lobsters or other seafoods as these are usually expensive & therefore less market for it, which, in turn, sits on the display longer (assuming).

We love walking on te beach but saw several broken glasses. There are also seaurchins in the water. So yes folks, bring water shoes or sandals.

We made the mistake of getting a massage on te beach. The messeaure was sweaty & became a little smelly hike giving us massages. So do yourself a favor & get it while it's nice & cool or just go to the spa. We want to the Duchess" next to the minimart on the main road.

Enjoy!

Oslo
reviews: 101
1. Re: Basic Bohol tips: Nov 2012

please review your hotel under TA hotel reveries for it to be seen by all.

Reno
reviews: 19
2. Re: Basic Bohol tips: Nov 2012

I did that right before I posted this. The review is just waiting to be published...thanks!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
3. Re: Basic Bohol tips: Nov 2012

Thanks for these tips. I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

4. Re: Basic Bohol tips: Nov 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, December 17, 2013