We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food/Tour questions

Which Panglao Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quezon City...
Food/Tour questions

We're staying in Bohol Beach Club for 4 days in December, and am wondering about food options because I heard that the restaurants are not very good. I also would like to try Bohol Bee Farm's restaurant, L'Elephant Bleu and Gieuseppe's while we are there. Are these places within walking distance of BBC, or do I need a tricycle? How much is the fare usually?

Also, we want to go to Balicasag and Virgin Island, but we have our daughter with us (she is 1 year and 8 months old). Is the boat ride safe enough for her? And would they have life vests her size?

Thanks!

Gladys

alkhobar
reviews: 8
1. Re: Food/Tour questions

I suggest that you purchase a proper fitting life vest for your baby so that she floats in case the untowards happen. Most of the vest provided are for adults

Iloilo City...
reviews: 18
2. Re: Food/Tour questions

Hi there!

I can't comment on the restaurants question. However, I agree with edwinic's suggestion to buy a properly fitting life vest.

If I remember correctly, the trip to Balicasag took around 45 minutes by pumpboat. Our guide told us that the waters are pretty calm in the morning but the waves can be big in the afternoon. That said, I think the boat ride should be safe enough, but it might be too long and uncomfortable for small children.

However, it's been a while since I've been to Balicasag (my last trip was in 2005). Maybe they have bigger, faster boats now that could make the trip faster and more comfortable, so you'll have to ask and confirm there.

Hope this helps!

Oslo
reviews: 103
3. Re: Food/Tour questions

my advice, read the reviews and stay on Alona for more of everything at better rates.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 603
4. Re: Food/Tour questions

I agree Alona Beach is a great place to stay with many restaurant choices. Balicasag Island is a must with great snorkeling.

From Alona L'Elephant Bleu is a short walk away. I only tried their breakfast which was very average but the dinner there gets great reviews.

Tommo

Quezon City...
5. Re: Food/Tour questions

Thanks for the responses.

I'll put a life vest on my shopping list in case we can do the Balicasag tour. I've snorkeled in Palawan a little and can't wait to try it in Panglao!

Unfortunately, we're already booked in BBC, and my husband is set on staying there. We knew there were more food options in Alona but we couldn't resist BBC's beach and we like the fact that it's quieter in Dumaluan. I guess we'll just have to travel to Alona if we want to try something other than BBC's food.

Tommo, we'll definitely try L'Elephant Bleu. Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 603
6. Re: Food/Tour questions

Life vests are included during island hopping trips!

Tommo

7. Re: Food/Tour questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, December 16, 2013