We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money change

Which Panglao Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester, United...
reviews: 13
Money change

We are staying in the Makati area of Manila for one night and would like to ask where the best place to change English pounds?

We then go to Panglao for two weeks, should we change money in Manila for the island or wait until we get there?

Could anyone say what the rate is at the moment?

Many thanks

Jayne

Oslo
reviews: 99
1. Re: Money change

rates on Panglao are lower than in Manila or Makati. Exchange some on Makati. What time do you get into Makati and what area will you stay?

Worcester, United...
2. Re: Money change

We arrive 05.00 hours in the morning and staying at the Best Western in Makati Avenue

Oslo
3. Re: Money change

I assume that you mean Berjaya Hotel, was Best Western in the past. Am I correct. If so, at 5am, its a bit early, but the red light district is very near and with it are many money exchangers, some 24 hours. Up Burgos street on the left, is a good one, but walk around and compare rates. There is a good changer, next to the small pharmacy on the corner of Makait ave and Burgos st.(Makati Ave side)before Andoks that has good rates.

If you will be in Makait for the whole day, there are many other exchanges in Greenbelt One etc. and the more well known one there is Sanrys. Depending on how much you will cash, makes it worthwhile to shop around. But the rates in the Burgos area are good and competitive. This is a 3 minute walk from your hotel

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 178
4. Re: Money change

You're in luck because there are at least 10 money changers within 200 meters walk from your hotel. I don't know the going rate of GBP but you can ask around first who will give you the best rate. Change all your cash in Makati and not in Panglao.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
5. Re: Money change

I suually go to the money changer in Greenbelt 1. I think the name is called Sanry? It is just opposite Jolibee.

Oslo
6. Re: Money change

read what others say then no reason to repeat the same info.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 205
7. Re: Money change

Just for some general info.

I was in Boracay the week before last, and the bank at Station 3 beach was offering a better rate of exchange than any of the money changers I saw in Station 1, 2 or 3.

The rate was up to 4.5 php / dollar better at the bank than at the money changers.

Worcester, United...
8. Re: Money change

Thanks for all replies, I will change a little at the airport to cover taxi etc and the rest in Makati.

boracay
reviews: 12
9. Re: Money change

You don't need to bring a lot of English pounds, Jayne. I never do. Just use ATMs at the airport and throughout the city to withdraw funds from your UK bank account as and when you need it. It is far safer than carrying a lot of cash around on your person.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 71
10. Re: Money change

If you are staying at best western, there is a sanrys money change in A.venue mall, right by your hotel, which has competitive rates. On Panglao, there are sevral independent money changers, whose rates are reasonable also

Get answers to your questions about Panglao Island