We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bohol or Boracay?

Which Panglao Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 100
Bohol or Boracay?

We are planning on visiting either Bohol or Boracay...which is better? Any opinions? I love snorkelling and my husband is into diving. We were thinking Bohol as it seems just a little more laid back and prettier. Or is Boracay better?

Thanks in advance for your help.

49 replies to this topic
manila
reviews: 89
1. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

The sand in Boracay is much finer than those in Panglao (Bohol). Both have good snorkeling and dive sites, but I agree that Bohol is a lot more laid back. Boracay just morphed into one big party place IMO

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
2. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

It seems from your previous post that you have been to Bali. If you find the beach in Kuta and Sanur to be good they you will find Boracay and Panglao to be much better. Balicasag Island in Bohol is known for its diving sites and has been consistently listed by travel magazines among the best in Asia. If you want the feel of Kuta then go to Boracay, if you prefer the ambiance of Lovina then go to Panglao.

Quezon City...
reviews: 56
3. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

Ive dove in both bohol and boracay several times. IF diving i would recommend Bohol over boracay any day of the week. The snorkeling also is way better in bohol. Overall Bohol is way cheaper and more laid back than boracay. The only thing i hate about Bohol is the food!! Ive been there more than 6 times over the past 10 years and the food there has only improved slightly. Also from Bohol you have the option to go to Dumaguete and dive at apo island or sumilon island in cebu.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
4. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

I agree about the suggestion of Apo Island as a great diving spot.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 3
5. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

Id say Bohol if you prefer peace and quiet , laid back- it is so true... and snorkelling in Balicasag is just soooo amazing, been there twice because of Balicasag ! and i think you'll love Virgin island as well, not to snorkel though but just enjoy the scenery..

but if you prefer the nightlife: fun, party and drinks, i'd say Bora , the sands are finer too, snorkelling? not as good as balicasag. Also, the weather is always very good in Bohol!

California
6. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

Are their any good snorkeling spots right off bech or do you have to go somewhere by boat to get to them?

boracay
reviews: 12
7. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

Haelana, don't say "Bora" please. The Boracaynons really dislike the island being referred to by this tacky slang word, and there is a campaign to keep the island's name intact.

boracay
reviews: 12
8. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

Boracay is not just 'party island' - it has a lot going for it, especially in terms of watersports, dining and activities. If you are not into partying, don't choose a hotel in the party district. However, given what you are looking for, I really think Bohol is more up your alley, and you'll enjoy diving and snorkeling more there.

9. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, May 14, 2012

Denver
reviews: 37
10. Re: Bohol or Boracay?

Shore Snorkeling Boracay:

White Beach boat station 3 ends at Angol Point. Angol Point has nice shore snorkeling. All the Island Hopping Boats come here to snorkel, when you can just walk here. The snorkeling is good, however, El Nido Palawan is more like paradise to a snorkeler, due to the shallow waters around the hundred islands in the bay.

Reply to: Bohol or Boracay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted