We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

Which Panglao Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Darwin, Australia
reviews: 21
Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

Has anyone stayed at either resort? I consider both. I really like the rooms and the private dip pool at Amorita but Amarela seems to have a much nicer beach. Is there a nicer beach close to Amorita than the one you can see on the photos here on TA (seems too crowded with boats) ?

Also, I wonder if these resorts are far away from local restaurants and local shopping.

Your opinion is much appreciated.

clare,ireland
1. Re: Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

there are many previous forums about both resorts and reviews on this site tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294259-i9268-k152… here is a map with location of most accomodation /restaurant etc http://jimspears.net/alona/map.htm but amarela isnt there.

Edited: 7:09 am, June 05, 2011
Darwin, Australia
2. Re: Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

Thank you Clare! I've been doing so much research but forgot to dbl check on this one. Thumbs up for the links.

Cape Town
reviews: 53
3. Re: Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

Panglao doesnt really have shops, only a few small stores that sell basics like water, drinks, dry/tinned food and toiletries. It also a bank with an ATM and several restaurants and bars - most of these are concentrated near Alona beach.

Amorita resort is situated on a rocky outcrop just off Alona beach - so if you want to be close to other restaurants then this would be an advantage.

Personally, I preferred the vibe of Dumaluan beach further up the island - which is where Amarela resort is situated. The beach is bigger and less crowded by resorts, tourists and the boats that go back and forth. The disadvantage of Amarela is that, if you want to go to Alona beach to try other restaurants, you will need to take a tricycle or taxi as while its not very far (only a couple of kms) the road is not really safe to walk along as there is no pavement - just road and long grass on the sides.

So I guess this depends on what you would prefer - Amorita is closer to the bars and restaurants. Amarela is more remote but has a nicer, quieter beach.

Darwin, Australia
4. Re: Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

Thank you Hatter08, that was very helpful.

Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

Thank you @Samded for posting this question --- exactly my thoughts right now. Im choosing between the two resorts. Where did you end up staying?

London, United...
reviews: 23
6. Re: Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

I was about to book Amarela but think it might be too far away from Alona Beach. We will want to eat outside the hotel. How much would a return taxi cost? Do they have trikes? Is this area further away than the Danao area where the South Beach and Linaw Hotel are located which I think might be walking distance from Alona. I'm having difficulty finding the right hotel.

7. Re: Amorita resort or Amarela resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Panglao Island