We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

Which Panglao Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Taguig City...
reviews: 16
Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

gmanews.tv/story/213382/man-made-islands-in-…

Bohol
reviews: 24
1. Re: Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

The project has been soundly rejected by the government and any future reclamation banned.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 45
2. Re: Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

not a good idea. dubai didnt have any islands and therefore had to build their own. the phils has 7100 and most of them are uninhabited..bohol is beautiful and has a niche.and it ihas a role----with its lush forests, chocolate hills, tarsier population.....and it's not to outdo macau..

Bohol
3. Re: Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

Hey Miglovin. Fully agree. When promoting the concept they (the developers) actually used the palm as an example! This at a time when the palm had huge construction issues (moving sand) and sales that had tanked. The credit for killing reclamation in Panglao should be firmly place at the feet of a group of Alona residents who lobbied hard for the Gov to squash it. Even more impressive they followed through (with the Gov) to ensure any further plans won't get considered. Quite a win!

boracay
reviews: 12
4. Re: Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

The Boracay/Caticlan reclamation project is set to go ahead despite extreme resistance from local residents and concerned environmental groups. A TRO was put in place to halt the project but has now been lifted - despite the lack of any environmental feasibility study having been conducted. There is grave concern that altering the coastline in this way could change the flow of sea currents and may contribute to beach erosion in Boracay, among other things.

Bohol
5. Re: Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

Hi Sirenna.

It would be a huge shame if this went ahead. While I don't know the specific circumstances of the Boracay reclamation all I can say is that the lobbying can not stop. If you would like me to put in contact with the Panglao advocates please PM me. They me able to offer advice.

Cheers

D

6. Re: Proposed Man-made islands in Panglao Bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, June 19, 2013