We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alona Beach

Which Panglao Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Butte
reviews: 35
Alona Beach

I know this is subjective, but would appreciate peoples opinions on favourite place to stay on Alona Beach Criteria. up to 3000php per night. swimming pool, close to beach, near dive shop, affiliated or not . Quiet, but walking distance to most other things. I would also ask the same for Sipalay[ sugar beach] Thanks for any ideas here

Manila, Philippines
1. Re: Alona Beach

I like Alona Tropical http://www.alona-tropical.com/ I've stayed here a couple of times.

Read reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1036817-d63899…

If you stay at Alona beach everything is within walking distance, dive shop, restaurants etc.

Edited: 1:36 am, January 11, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 1,118
2. Re: Alona Beach

I also like Alona Tropical but the swimming pool was excessively chlorinated.

My room was pleasant but some appeared inferior. The breakfast and the cafe generally was excellent although some subsequent reviews disagreed with me on that point.

Edited: 3:10 am, January 11, 2011
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
3. Re: Alona Beach

I would also go with Alona Tropical. I would also recommend Alona Kew.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 589
4. Re: Alona Beach

I have sent several emails to Alona tropical for a booking this year with no replies. That is one aspect of tourism that the Philippines may need to be improve to sustain tourism.

Emails to Cocogrove at Siquijor also went unanswered so sorry they lost my business and I have booked Coral Cay Resort as per Keglers recommendation. I have been impressed with their prompt email replies.

Tommo

Butte
reviews: 35
5. Re: Alona Beach

Thanks for your recommendations. Tommo, I have also had problems attempting to book things online. Coral Cay is a nice place, have not stayed there, but have used their restaurant and beach several times. I also like Villa Marmarine, nice and quiet, with good beach frontage. Tommo, victorianlad, Kegler and others keep up the good work, your advice is always helpful, thanks

Oslo
reviews: 101
6. Re: Alona Beach

Tommo....if they dont respond to emails, I equate that to what kind of service you will get when you get there....lousy..

Kegler...Alona Kew is fast becoming one of the worst hotels there to stay at...read the reviews.

Alona Tropical is nice, but I think over priced...and felt that the customer service at their bar and resto was lacking...much like Tommo describes in his attempt to book.

A group of us stayed at Lost Horizon...nothing great, rooms a bit worn, but on beach, clean, friendly and has pool..price was not bad either. Food over priced.

Also stayed at Trudis...see my review of that place...I like it but its basic...food is good.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
7. Re: Alona Beach

leftovertoo

This would be my definite choice if it was located on the beach. Great reviews..... 100% T/A approval and prompt replies to my emails. They are apparently located a 5 minute walk away from the beach.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1036817-d15945…

Tommo

Oslo
8. Re: Alona Beach

Tommo..I visited this place..it reminded me of Boracay Hills..nice like that....but in same way, not close to the beach like Boracay Hills....especially at night. Stay on the beach...Alona is too small to stay away from the beach. When will you be there...we have a trip coming up back there in March I think...

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
9. Re: Alona Beach

Leftover

Will be there late 2011. Looking forward to visiting as there seems so much to do and see.

Tommo

Oslo
10. Re: Alona Beach

Its a good base to explore other places from, like the CHOCO HILLS..but if you have been to Boracay I think you may find it a bit boring and will fall into the trap of comparing the two.....as many do.