We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalina Express

Which Catalina Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
Catalina Express

Are there any discounts for the Catalina Express out of San Pedro? I'd like to take some young visitors from Europe, but it is so costly. Any advise?

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
reviews: 42
1. Re: Catalina Express

If you search on the internet for "catalina express coupon", you'll find several websites that are offering discount coupons.

Sacramento
2. Re: Catalina Express

I am also looking for disounts, I have searched all the net and nothing.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
3. Re: Catalina Express

We use the coupons from our Entertainment Book, but if you don't have one you can order one for $8.99, and if you have AAA, they also have a discount for $7.50 off.

http://www.entertainment.com/discount/location.shtml;jsessionid=iaX0WV7eAGaydnUxhkpc5Q**.register7

bestfreestuffguide.com/Free_Catalina_Express…

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
4. Re: Catalina Express

<<you have AAA, they also have a discount for $7.50 off>>

Good to know! We finally broke down and got a AAA card in 2010 for our Route 66 trip. I'm amazed at all of the additional discounts you can get with the AAA card.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Catalina Express

Martik,

Not being snarky, but can't believe you got by without signing up with AAA. We've been taking road trips since the 70's with our family, and the piece of mind with their road side service is great, not to mention the maps and trip tik's they provided (all before computers) We had a mission to drive through all 50 States, now we're working on Europe!

Discounts are really good on hotels and cars, too.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
6. Re: Catalina Express

<<Not being snarky, but can't believe you got by without signing up with AAA.>>

We've been using "OnStar" since it comes with our GMC. AAA pissed me off a long time ago (long story) so I opted to use the roadside service offered with my Volvo and Yukon XL. I was able to get travel discounts though AOPA, Costco and my company until recently.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Catalina Express

Ok, good. It was mostly the maps and trip tik's we liked in the old days from AAA, didn't have another source. We don't use their car insurance. And yes, now our cars have emergency road service built in. Sure didn't have that in our station wagon as we drove to the east coast and back several times. : )

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
8. Re: Catalina Express

We don't use maps or the trip tik's anymore, either! i used to get those from my mom since I have not had AAA since college. Our smart phones do a great job with navigation these days. Since we stayed in 19 motels during our Route 66 trip. Between the AAA discount and military discount my husband has, it saved us a bundle.

So Cal
reviews: 64
9. Re: Catalina Express

I've noticed a lot of online maps are really under-powered when it comes to serious travel planning. E.g. Google Maps doesn't know where anything is in Yellowstone. Doing an online Triptik isn't trouble-free, but it's a lot better than anything else I've tried.

Los Angeles...
10. Re: Catalina Express

It's from San Pedro only and expires in 2012. I'm looking for out of Long Beach for travel in mid May, 2013 Anyone?