We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with two children.

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Where to stay with two children.

Hello, been hearing a lot of good things about the resort but undecided where to stay. We have two children 12 and 6 so would want somewhere with a decent pool, slides etc. Don't mind a bit of a walk into the square. Thanks in advance. x

6 replies to this topic
Sunderland, United...
reviews: 25
1. Re: Where to stay with two children.

There are a few places, but given what you have said I think the Playa Mar fits the bill (we have been going each of the last 5-6 years)

There are slides for the kids which are good. It is a Thomson Family place so lots of kids and lots going on, not the place to be if you just want peace and quiet.

Some people are put off the walk into town. It is about 20mins but the walk, along the Pine Walk, right along the sea front, is lovely. Cobbled path, sea views, kids can run free on the beach. We love the walk in.

Sure there will be others but pleased to share any questions on the Playa Mar.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
reviews: 39
2. Re: Where to stay with two children.

Here's my summary of the options you should consider. Not stayed in any of them, but know them well having been in or past them or stayed nearby many times over the years. You will need to check on bedroom configuration/suitablity and whether they're SC, BB, HB, FB, AI etc. IMO choose s/c or b/b as there are so many good eating options in PP it would be a shame to miss out on them.

Puerto Azul - ideal location, very close to nice beach and resort centre/square (where people tend to go in evenings). Good pool area.

Flora - adjacent to Puerto Azul, so same benefits, but pool area not as good as the others I'm listing.

Villa Concha - close to big sandy beach, pool fine, about 10 mins walk mainly along prom to resort centre.

Playa Mar - best looking of them all, good pool area, but 20 mins (lovely) walk to resort centre (and about 15 to nice beach area, as shoreline near Playa Mar is not so sandy-beachy).

Avoid Oro Playa.

This linked map may help you.

puertopollensa.com/maps/…portdepollenca.pdf

Bolton, United...
3. Re: Where to stay with two children.

Thank you for your information. I had previously looked at Playa Mar but have a feeling I've left it too late to book for July/Aug. I'll definitely check out your other suggestions though. x

West Yorkshire
reviews: 5
4. Re: Where to stay with two children.

Just wanted to add that we have stayed at Puerto Azul with our two young children 3 times now. It doesn't have the slides that Playa Mar does but it has a beautiful pool, more relaxed vibe and less than 5 mins walk from Pine Walk. They do organise games around the pool etc but none of it is in your face. We have walkd down to Playa Mar on two occasions and spent an afternoon there to suss it out for next year. It wouldn't be my choice but our two children liked it. At the time we visited it was all inclusive and it seemed like this just meant lots of litter blowing around from the plastic cups everywhere. Personally, didn't like that due to the layout of the pools and the large slide structures you couldn't see where your children are (I'm a bit paranoid about things like that). At Puerto Azul you can always see where your children are. Like I said, kids liked Playa Mar though. My parents have stayed at Villa Concha and would recommend it also. If you're wanting water slides action the I'd recommend a trip to the water park in Alcudia - easily accessible by local service bus.

Yorkshire, England
reviews: 27
5. Re: Where to stay with two children.

I'd also second the Puerto Azul, for location and the 'vibe' - lots of children for yours to play with but not rowdy or with 'in your face' entertainment.

We spent 11 nights there last May, the only reason we are not going back is that we have 3 children and would have to book 2 rooms - which is not affordable! We were ok last May, because our youngest was 13 months and classed as an 'infant', but now she has just been 2 whenever you try to book a UK package holiday it gets very complicated! I don't even think booking directly with the hotel would help us, it seems they won't allow 3 children.

We're not going to Puerto Pollensa this year (we have been many times, it is just perfect for young families), we have already spent our main holiday money at Disneyland Paris, but if we go again we'll stay at the Villa Concha - they will allow 3 children in a room. I stayed there as a 16 year old with my parents and two younger siblings and remember the 1 bedroom apartment being fine for us all. But again I'd have to book direct with the Villa Concha, I already did a 'dummy run' booking with Thomas Cook and it was going to be £5,000 for two weeks in August because it was making us take two rooms!

Bolton, United...
6. Re: Where to stay with two children.

Thank you both for your info, will have a look Puerto Azul. Sounds just what we're looking for. : )

Reply to: Where to stay with two children.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca