We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

Which Port de Pollenca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Castanet-Tolosan...
reviews: 6
Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

Hello,

we are looking for an aparthotel (witch kitchenet) in Puerto de Pollenca for 2 weeks during the next summer holidays.

After having looked at many posts, we hesitate now between Club Del Sol and Apparthotel DUVA. Indeed they match our budget and there are not full yet.

We know that both are a bit isolated, especially Club del Sol, but it is not really a problem because we'll have our own car. So we'll take it on the one hand to go to the beach, and on the other hand to stroll and have dinner in PP on the evening.

Could you tell us which one you would choose, if you had two childrens, aged 6 and 10 ?

Which as the best swimming pool ?

Besides, could you tell is if it is difficult to find a place for the car near to the center ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

I apologize for my bad english !

6 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pollenca, Port de Pollenca
reviews: 39
1. Re: Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

Not stayed in either but have looked around them both and they both look good. As you've noted, location is their downside.

Assuming both meet your needs, then I would choose Duva because it's location is much closer to centre of Puerto Pollensa, and that distance is walkable.

Duva is not isolated, it's simply on the outskirts of the centre about 18 mins walk to the seafront in the centre. Using backstreets it's 15 mins walk from Duva to the excellent beach area.

On the other hand Club Del Sol is very isolated, nothing nearby, and is 35 mins walk to resort centre (and 15 mins walk to good beach as the seashore near CDS is a bit scrubby).

No significant problem with car parking so long as you avoid the absolute centre of the resort and are willing to walk 5 mins or so.

PS - and welcome to TA forums.

Edited: 11:44 am, March 25, 2014
Castanet-Tolosan...
2. Re: Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

Thank you for your answer.

Could you tell me how long it takes to drive from Club Del Sol to Puerto Pollensa center ?

I might be interested in Club Pollentia too, but it 's still more further. Is it better than Club del Sol ?

Do you know if holiday-makers in this hotel must wear a wristlet (bracelet) when they go to the swimming pool ? In many hotels, wristlet (bracelet) allow to identify intruders !

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

Dring from CDS to Puerto Pollensa centre = about 5 mins, plus parking time and strolling to wherever you wish to get to.

Club Pollentia is miles out; it's actually nearer to Alcudia than Puerto Pollensa. Isolated and so far out I've never been in it. Lots of kite surfing near there, so windy area ? (Don't know, I simply drive past there).

Edited: 11:09 am, March 27, 2014
Castanet-Tolosan...
4. Re: Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

Hello,

finally we will reserve at Duva and Spa.

Could you tell me if is is really appropriate for families withch chilidrens ?

Thank you

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

Not stayed there, but I'm sure it is fine for children.of all ages.

lancashire
reviews: 10
6. Re: Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?

It was 2011 when we were there.

The Duva suites are great but I can see one problem with children the age of yours. The main swimming pool has no shallow end so even adults can't stand easily. The smaller pool alongside is only a paddlng pool. There was a smaller pool in an adjacent block which wasn't as deep but only small.

Reply to: Club del Sol or Duva aparthotel ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port de Pollenca