We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O'Cebreiro hotels

nyc
reviews: 13
O'Cebreiro hotels

For many reasons my wife and I have elected to stay in small hotels while walking our camino. I've had success reserving rooms in most towns but it has been hard to find a place in O'Cebreiro. Can any one tell me if in small towns like this local homes rent out rooms for the night?

Thanks in advance,

Tom L

7 replies to this topic
O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
reviews: 9
1. Re: O'Cebreiro hotels

Here is a list of accommodation in the village:

concellodepedrafitadocebreiro.es/aloxamentos/

Brasília
reviews: 85
2. Re: O'Cebreiro hotels

I hope I can help. The Cebreiro has 15 houses. Most have trade. There is no hotel itself. We walked in three persons, my son, my wife and I and also opted for small hotels. But in Cebreiro has some pensions and at the entrance next to the church has a restaurant and there you can find better choices than the hostel. You can also search for Irene's Bar, in front there is a house that has a small shop, there they hire great rooms, clean and well maintained. Buen camino.

New York
reviews: 30
3. Re: O'Cebreiro hotels

Does anyone know if you can contact any of the hotels/hostales on line in O'Cebreiro? Thanks!

Also, which of the accomodations are the most recommended?

nyc
4. Re: O'Cebreiro hotels

I would agree with the Aug 2011 post. There are several pensions that rent rooms but I do not think any have e-mail. We passed through in September and we would have been able to get a room when we arrived in mid-afternoon. In the end we did walk several miles down the mountain, but on the Camino, to Casa Jaime - Turismo Rural en Pedrafita do Cebreiro. Very basic with a very basic restaurant. Clean and well run by friendly owners.

All things considered I'd rather stay in town.

Bom Camino

New York
reviews: 30
5. Re: O'Cebreiro hotels

I will be coming in by bus from León. I wonder if the bus stop is in the center of town and if the pensiones or hostales are in town?

West Chester...
6. Re: O'Cebreiro hotels

Tom

were you able to find something O'Cebreiro hotels? My wife and are are walking the last 2 sections and trying to pre plan hotels instead of doing a tour-thanks so much Bob Flounders Pa

nyc
7. Re: O'Cebreiro hotels

It's going on two years since we passed through but I think staying in town would be possible if you get there early enough and it isn't during July/August. Someone who has been there this year can probably provide more current information.

Bom Camino

Reply to: O'Cebreiro hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pedrafita do Cebreiro