We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Con Dao Islands

Which Con Dao Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 18
Con Dao Islands

I am going to Vietnam in April and will be spending a few days in Ho Chi Minh City - I am thinking about flying from there to the Con Dao Islands - are they worth a visit for 2/3 days?

23 replies to this topic
1. Re: Con Dao Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, March 02, 2012

Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 2
2. Re: Con Dao Islands

Great choice ! Waiting to know your response after the trip !

Vietnam
3. Re: Con Dao Islands

[http://www.lonelyplanet.com/australia/travel-tips-and-articles/76176?affil=lpemail] Another prison-turned-paradise, the Con Dao islands were home to the most notorious penal colony in Indochina, and continued its grim work until the end of the Vietnam War. Now preserved as Con Dao National Park, the 16 islands are a natural wonderland of dense jungles, jade-coloured waters and white-sand beaches, home to dugongs, dolphins, turtles and spectacular coral reefs. For now, tourist developments on the islands are limited to a single dive shop and a handful of resorts in Con Son township.

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Con Dao Islands

There's a new Six Senses resort there but accommodation-wise that's about it, apart from a couple of pretty shabby local hotels. No restaurants outside the hotels, at least I didn't find any. Some good motorbiking/cycling roads and some great trekking in the national park, and the prison colony and Con Dao museum are really interesting.

2 nights should be enough - when I went I booked 3 nights but came home after 2, more due to hunger than anything else. A lot of fishing goes on there but all of it gets exported, very hard to actually eat any of it on Con Dao itself.

Am going back soon to check out Six Senses so will report back then.

5. Re: Con Dao Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, March 02, 2012

Ho Chi Minh City...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Con Dao Islands

Considered the nation’s most pristine Island ecosystem with dense tropical forests, luminous green paddies, prominent mountain peaks and deep valleys. For travellers, Con Dao island is the place for hideaway, slow life and startling beaches.

For more Con Dao inside info and tips, CON DAO FACTS, WHAT TO DO, check on my blog

…wordpress.com/2011/07/26/con-dao-facts/

or email me to share my passion for this amazing beach

hai@grandeurjourneys.com

Ho Chi Minh City...
7. Re: Con Dao Islands

Was at Six Senses Con Dao last month. Stunning spot and amazing service, but the F&B prices are just horrendous - $9 for a beer for example. Unless you have a big budget, try one of the cheaper resorts!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
8. Re: Con Dao Islands

9 bucks? I knew inflation was bad, but NINE bucks? What do they do, chopper it in?

Ho Chi Minh City...
9. Re: Con Dao Islands

For that price they could chopper in each bottle individually! Luckily I'd been warned & took a six-pack of Tiger with me. But still had to eat - meal for 2 (2 main courses, 2 drinks) was $70, and the food was OK but not spectacular.

You're paying for the privacy, the atmosphere, the service (each villa has its own butler and ours was an absolute star I have to say), which are all sensational. And I got the villa free for 2 nights so can't complain I guess. And I suppose the freeloading beer drinker demographic isn't exactly their target market :)

Nha Trang, Vietnam
10. Re: Con Dao Islands

Not at all unlike the Six Senses Hideaway on the Ninh Van bay I reviewed recently.

Reply to: Con Dao Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Con Dao Islands
More Con Dao Islands Topics