We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

Philadelphia...
reviews: 6
Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

I'm planning to stay in one of the cabins located in Tohickon Valley Park, not far from High Rocks. I know this is a long shot, but has anyone ever stayed here before? And was it in the middle of winter? If not, has anyone ever camped at this site before? Please let me know any experience you have staying in the park.

6 replies to this topic
SE Pa
1. Re: Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

I havent stayed at the cabins, though I do plan to do just that very soon, and in the winter! I have stayed at the campground and it is a real nice place, though they do close down the restrooms in Nov and just have pit toilets for the winter. I stayed last year in Nov and had the place nearly all to myself- the air was crisp and cool, winds were calm and you could hear the drums beating at the scout camp across the valley. Easily the best of the three county parks for camping.

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

wow, thanks for your comments. My reason for staying in the winter is pretty much to have the park to ourselves, so sounds good.

Doylestown...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

Love this park in the winter! Have stayed at the last cabin on the road down by the creek and LOVED IT! Had a wonderful fireplace and inside plumbing. It's wasn't squeaky clean when we stayed there, but I would absolutely stay there again; I'd just take some cleaning supplies to tidy up the bathroom and kitchen a bit --- if necessary. the trails are fabulous for hiking and the cabin is a perfect place to hang with a good book or friend. Enjoy!

Toms River, N.J.
4. Re: Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

We are interested in tent Camping at Tohickon V. Pk.. Is tent camping available? And what is the cost, we

are Seniors. If tent camping is not available, can you give me info on cabins? i'm a Navy Vet. & have done Civil

War Re-enactments @ Neshaminy St. Pk.However we are N.J. residents! Please reply... Thank you

Philadelphia...
5. Re: Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

Here is the URL to the cabin reservations- buckscounty.org/government/…CabinRes.aspx

Tent camping is $14.00 is bucks county resident, and $20.00 if you're not. You can make reservations by calling the bucks county park office,(215) 297-0754, or walking in the day you want to camp. Or you can fill out this pdf document: buckscounty.org/government/departments/parks…

I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS A DIFFERENT RATE FOR SENIORS AND/OR VETERANS BUT YOU CAN CALL THE NUMBER AND ASK.

good luck.

New York City, New...
6. Re: Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?

I love staying there. I have stayed at the cabins twice---once in December and once in March . They are very clean and there's lots of hiking. I'll be going back again in March when they release the water from the dam ( for the rafting).

Edited: 2:37 am, January 11, 2014
Reply to: Cabins/camping in Tohickon Valley Park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted