We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short trip to Nakuru in September

Which Nakuru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Crediton, United...
reviews: 53
Short trip to Nakuru in September

We've found ourselves with a few days spare during a forthcoming trip to Kenya and would like to visit Nakuru for a couple of days.

We're reluctant to join a tour and would like to organise something a little more tailor made (without spending a fortune) and would like to stay in a lodge with a view of the lake (if at all possible).

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
1. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

Hi,

well, lodge with a view of the lake - than only Lake Nakuru Lodge or Sarova Lion Hill.

There are 2 nice places from where you will have fantastic viewings - the "Out of Africa" and the "Baboon Cliff" - really worth to go there.

The past 2 times we stayed outside the Lake, last september at the Maili Saba Camp and this year in feb at the lovely Mbweha Camp.

Bye

Chrissy

Leeds
reviews: 2
2. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

Hey

We will be staying at the Sarova Lion Hill place for 2 nights next June during our safari with Glorious Safaris. Drop them a line if looking for quotes or ideas - shadrack@glorioussafaris.com - they have quite a few reviews on here too.

I researched a few places and this seemed the best all-round. Mbweha Camp, in its own conservancy, may have been the best in terms of accommodation and the fact they offer walks and night drives but I couldn't justify the high price.

Leeds

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
3. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

I recommend going to Naivasha instead. There's more to see & do there.

2 National Parks - Hell's Gate & Soysombu, hippo spotting in the lake, boat rideto Crescent Island & trekking to Longonot.

Nairobi, Kenya
4. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

The OP has stated they wish to go to NAKURU, on the NAKURU forum. Why does everything have to come back to Naivasha? It's not the be-all and end-all, kabisa! :-)

Leeds
reviews: 2
5. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

Is there really more to see in Naivasha over Lake Nakuru?

You can only go into Soysambu if staying at one of the expensive lodges/camps - even Sun Bird are no longer allowed in.

Sorry to go off topic slightly, Lake Nakuru definitely looks better in terms of safari - they have rhinos for a start!

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
6. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

Hi,

well, we stayed at both places and my vote goes always for Lake Nakuru - Naivasha is nice, but once was okay and enough for me.

Lake Nakuru has much more diversity in wildlife and i my eyes we had there much more better game watching.

Friends who have been to the Lake Nakuru in the past now head on to overnight at Lake Elementaita with the chance to do a full day game drive at the Nakuru NP. This is for me another nice alternative.

And again - i would prefer this one also over staying at Lake Naivasha.

We did there also a boat trip and it was confusing me a little bit to see wildlife and some minutes later people washing their clothes, bathing and also going onto the lake with small sailboats....

Bye

Chrissy

Nairobi, Kenya
7. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

There are many Tour Companies in Kenya that can give you a good Safari Quote. You may want to check out a few. Wandering Warrior Safaris, Naydia Tours, Jambo Africa, Gofun to mention

Good luck

8. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, August 16, 2011
Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
9. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

There is a fabulous Chinese restaurant on the outskirts of Nakuru township called the "Lotus Restaurant". Just as you enter the town, it's on right hand side next to Tusky's Supermarket. Great food !!!

10. Re: Short trip to Nakuru in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, August 16, 2011