We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

Which Nakuru hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kisumu, Kenya
reviews: 27
Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

Looking for an affordable place for a couple of nights in Nakuru. Suggestions? Thanks!

16 replies to this topic
London,Kenya and...
reviews: 86
1. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

Hi,

there are many budget hotels but not many with websites.The Chester hotel is quite cheap and service is decent.The Lake Nakuru Flamingo hotel is also reasonably cheap and decent.There is one more i have stayed at right next to the Lake Nakuru N.P. gate but the name escapes me.I hope this has been of help.

Byron.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
2. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

If you have transport and the town does not appeal take a look at

Kembu cottages. www.kembu.com Nice place, nice people.

Kisumu, Kenya
3. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

thanks for the info. This is helpful. I will check these out.

Kendal,uk
reviews: 7
4. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

Hi

We have just returned last week from Nakuru so hopefully info will be helpful. We usually stay at the Midland Hotel which is in the town centre but fairly relaxed and it has very easy access to lots of banks, Post Office, restraunts etc.

We stayed in the new section at a cost of 5750 ks per room per night for bed and breakfat. Decent room , hot shower etc. Food is very cheap there.

If you want a modern Hotel then there is Merica which has a web site and its very close to Post Office and banks etc . There are two other modern hotels down Court Road but they are a bit off the beaten track - about 300 yards. Some of the other places mentioned by posters are a bit remote. Enjoy Nakuru

Kisumu, Kenya
5. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

Thanks for the response. i'm having trouble getting anything booked in advance. no response to email.

Anyone have experience with last minute booking? i can book once i get in country.

Isle of Man, United...
reviews: 188
6. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

I always get a reply from Zoe on this..

kembu@africaonline.co.ke

Dartford, United...
reviews: 26
7. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

It depends on how fussy you are about where you stay. There are plenty of places in Nakuru so it's usually easy to get a room in one of them. I've done it a couple of times there when I've been enroute elsewhere, at the Kunste and the Waterbuck, and the good thing about not having booked beforehand is that you can look at some rooms before making the decision about staying.

Edited: 7:29 am, February 07, 2011
Kendal,uk
reviews: 7
8. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

Unless you have transport the Kunste means you are quiet well out of town on the way back to Nairobi. Round trip taxi trip (total wrecks :-)) will set you back about 800ks.

Waterbuck is fine but usually no hot water and the bar staff try to rip you off. Only stayed there once as a friend is a friend of the owner and we got a fantastic rate for a lovely suite but the staff still tried to rip us off !

Still its within a very easy walk into the town - just make sure you are back before dark.

Have fun

Bob

Dartford, United...
reviews: 26
9. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

I did say 'if you're not fussy', personally I woiuldn't stay at either of them again!!

lilongwe
10. Re: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?

Budget accommodation try Waterbuck just outside the park. rates from $50

Reply to: Nakuru. Suggestions on places to stay on a budget?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted