We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is Brasilito like?

Which Brasilito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
what is Brasilito like?

We are staying in Montezuma for 2 weeks in a villa we stayed in last year, but I have always wanted to see Playa Conchal. We were thinking of staying in Brasilito for a few nights prior to Montezuma. What is Brasilito like? Is the town touristy like Montezuma? Is it clean? Is this the best place to stay to visit Playa Conchal? We dont have the budget and dont need to stay in a super fancy place like Westin, we were thinking Conchal Hotel.

ANy suggestions, advice?

18 replies to this topic
guanacaste
reviews: 31
1. Re: what is Brasilito like?

the town in local people mostly, then you have the westin, and that is a big AI resort, the beach is nice, since you will be around go to flamingo, go to rincon de la vieja and palo verde,

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 53
2. Re: what is Brasilito like?

Brasilito is the closest town to Playa Conchal, a 10 minute slow walk down Playa Brasilito itself. A handful of grocery stores, a couple of great sodas and restaurants, two souvenir shops and a good range of accommodations including cheap cabinas and small hotels. It certainly is still very much a typical fishing village, and tourism is very low key compared to surrounding beach areas such as Tamarindo and Flamingo. It's a great place for visitors who are seeking a more rustic, typical beach town, with a chance to interact with the friendly local people. It still benefits from the great infrastructure of the north Pacific coast, being less than 1 hour from LIR, 20 minutes from Tamarindo domestic airport, good bus connections and short journey times to many national parks and attractions nearby.

In short its a great place to visit, perhaps ironically it is most attractive to those who are seeking the opposite of the Westin bubble AI experience-which often firstly brings attention to this area.

Tamarindo, Costa...
reviews: 8
3. Re: what is Brasilito like?

The Conchal Hotel is a great choice for anyone wanting a more low key spot and avoiding the big hotel experience. It's cute with just 10 rooms, pool, restaurant and walking distance to everything in Brasilito. You can walk over to Playa Conchal in about 15 mintues. It's a great base location to have access to Flamingo and Tamarindo and tours in the area as well.

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
4. Re: what is Brasilito like?

Thanks for your input! Are there any other recommendations for lodging? our budget would be up to $110 per/nt. How far would Playa Flamingo be and how does the beach compare to conchal or Brasilito? thanks!

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 53
5. Re: what is Brasilito like?

More lodging options here:

www.footprintsCostaRica.com

Flamingo is 5 minutes drive, a beautiful yellow/white sand beach with great waves to play in. Conchal is really the only sheltered beach in this area-much clearer water, white sand and crushed shells. Brasilito is dark sand.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 32
6. Re: what is Brasilito like?

I would definitely consider Hotel Conchal. Last year we did the AI at the now Westin. It was nice but much prefer the smaller lodging, it is a little more intamate.

The beach at Conchal is nice, finely crushed sea shells. We stayed at Hotel Conchal for our last 8 nights as a base and drove to all of the beaches North & South of Brasilito to get a better feel of the area.

Lots of good places to eat and very friendly people in Brasilito. Close to a lot of excursions.

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 25
7. Re: what is Brasilito like?

** I just notced the original post is a few months old already, so I guess you went alreay! But just for other people who are considering staying in Brasilito:

We stayed at the Hotel Conchal for 6 nights during our stay in Brasilito and it was by far one of my favourite hotels ever. Hilda and Simon are amazing host, the place is very neat, clean and relaxing and they have the most amazing restaurant!

Brasilito itself is only a small town, but it has a few good restaurants (we also really enjoyed Pollo Tropical, a few doors down from the Conchal Hotel and Cafe del Manglar)

Playa Flamingo was one of the nicest beaches I've seen in the Guanacaste area. Although none of the beaches has really white sand, Playa Flamingo comes close to it! It's only 6 km from Brasilito, so a quick easy drive.

I liked Brasilito, because of its location. It's not too far from Tamarindo and Playa Grande and it's only an hour drive from Liberia airport ..

Edited: 8:12 pm, April 27, 2012
new york
reviews: 12
8. Re: what is Brasilito like?

Are any of these good walking beaches(packed sand) how far can one walk before an obstruction?

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: what is Brasilito like?

You can walk from Brasilito all the way to Puerto Viejo de Conchal...nice walk and a long one...I really like Hotel Conchal...and incredible nice people run the place!

ROADADVISOR

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
10. Re: what is Brasilito like?

We really enjoyed Playa Potreo and it was close to Brasalito. Some of the restaurants would come pick us up for free and bring us into Brasalito for the evening. We also loved to walk the beach and would walk to and back from Flamingo.

Reply to: what is Brasilito like?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brasilito