We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Hotel Calypso or Calypso Beach Resort?

Athens, Greece
Help! Hotel Calypso or Calypso Beach Resort?

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of a bit of a mind-boggler at present!

I am currently working in Athens and just found out that a few close friends of mine will be in Rhodes soon for a holiday - they invited me along, but I had to refuse due to work commitments, but now, it turns out that things have settled down a bit at work, and I can actually take some time off. I thought it might be a nice idea to surpise them and turn up for a few days. But there's one problem...

One friend has told me they are staying at the Hotel Calypso in Faliraki, whilst another has told me they're staying in the Calypso Beach Resort in Kalithea!

Naturally, this has confused me a little bit! I've googled the two hotels and instantly found lots of results for the Hotel Calypso, but far less for the Calypso Beach Resort, and it has to be said, their descriptions are pretty similar!

Hotel Calypso Google search returned:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gr/calypso-rhodes.en-gb.html?aid=311076;label=calypso-rhodes-z_WSRqng0iVUo6858oSbLwS5207682180;sid=3fabc1cbbe6efa00a783d2d451c0a40d;origin=disamb;srhash=3080088999;srpos=11

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g635612-d4786…

Calypso Beach Resort Kalithea Google search returned:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189467-d1226…

…thomascook.com/pub/…2949215

Their descriptions, locations, etc, are very similar. Which led me to ask myself, are they actually the same hotel, just being refered to by two different names?

Sorry if this seems like a bit of a stupid question, but obviously, I don't want to book anything without being absolutely certain what I am actually booking!

If anyone can advise me on whether they are actually the same hotel or two different establishments, I would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks so much to you all - and happy holidays if you're venturing away soon too!

Justin.

lincoln
reviews: 32
1. Re: Help! Hotel Calypso or Calypso Beach Resort?

Ive just read your question and wondered if you found out, ive have the same question were there two hotels or not. Im booked for the Kalathea one.

Crewe, United...
reviews: 41
2. Re: Help! Hotel Calypso or Calypso Beach Resort?

Calypso Hotel and Calypso Beach are the same hotel, situated on the Faliraki - Kalithea road, hence why some brochures state it as located in faliraki and others as kalithea. It's a great hotel , we wil be back for the fourth time this September..

3. Re: Help! Hotel Calypso or Calypso Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, May 27, 2013