We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalithea Horizon Royal

norwich
reviews: 1
Kalithea Horizon Royal

I am due to stay at this hotel with my family and another family of four at the end of August but after reading recent reviews of the hotel and the sickness/diahorrea bug I am concerned about staying there. I would like to hear from anyone who has just come back if they had any problems or if the hotel has got on top of the situation.

London
reviews: 3
1. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

I have nothing to report as I am in the same situation as you, travelling next week for a 10 day stay at the Kalithea Horizon Royal Hotel with family. Am very concerned about the reports of flies all over hotel restaurant food causing sickness and diarrhea for hundreds of guests. Have seen report that say pest control have been in and sorted the fly epidemic but I am still concerned for our holiday now that bad food hygiene was linked to actual illness among guests. Would really welcome some reassurance. Also reports of rude staff catering more for German guests than British.

norwich
2. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

Thanks for your post. Hopefully someone will write an up to date report on the situation before we go - we travel on 21 st August so are hoping to hear before then. Fingers crossed!

NORTHERN IRELAND
3. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

My parents and brother are currently staying at the kalithea horizon royal and unfortunately as we speak they are both in hospital with this bug. My mum and dad have become severely dehydrated due to the severity of the bug. Nobody seems to know what is causing it so it might be nothing to do with hotel food. I went to this hotel last year for my holidays and found the hygiene to be of the highest standard. The hotel has been very good to my parents and have paid for all medical aid. If anything new develops i will keep you posted. Karen

norwich
4. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

Hi Karen,

Thanks very much for your reply. I do hope your family recover quickly and it does seem as though the hotel are trying their best to help in the current situation. Obviously I am concerned about bringing my children to the hotel as the last thing I want is for them to become ill. I look forward to hearing any further updates.

UK
5. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

Hi! My husband and i are traveling to the Kalithea Horizon Royal on Saturday 21st August for 7 days we are really worried about all the sickness. We went into are Thompson Travel Agents to collect our tickets today and told them about all the reports we had heard she said they had heard nothing about it, but she said if it gets worse they would move poeple in to different hotels. It seems to have been going for a few weeks now i just hope it has calmed down when we go.

norwich
6. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

I am going to see my travel agent tomorrow and take copies of the latest reviews and forum posts - I have already rung them and they spoke to Thomsons who said that the last reported case of illness was on the 9th August but the latest reviews seem to contradict this - I think something needs to be done about this situation as I really dont want to go on this holiday and spend the week being ill. It seems to me that the best thing to happen is for the hotel to be shut and thouroughly cleansed to irradicate the bug. If it is the norovirus its not going to get contained if they keep sending people to this hotel. I think if enough people complain then Thomsons will have to do something about this.

UK
7. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

Hi! I totaly agree with you this hotel should shut, keep sending poeple to it is only going to carry on the situation, this is doing Thomsons reputation no good at all, none of us want to spend our holiday ill in bed, you save all year for a holiday and look forward to it. Have you got the phone number you used as i have found so many different ones. Will call them then ASAP.

norwich
8. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

hi haven't got a number for Thomsons as I booked through a local travel agent who rang them on my behalf. If you find out the number let me know and I will call them as well - the more people who complain the further we may get!!

merseyside
Destination Expert
for Kalymnos
reviews: 12
9. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

Phone numbers on Thomson website

0871 231 4691

or there are more numbers on *contact us* page

UK
10. Re: Kalithea Horizon Royal

Thank you! I have sent an email to there 24/7 email address dont' hold much hope about a reply, if i do will let you all know. Will also try phone number.