We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayview resort and harbor

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Bayview resort and harbor

Looking into resorts the beggining of August Bayview resort and harbor caught my eye cant find any reviews about it though???

Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 19
1. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

Bayview is a nice complex.on a beautiful piece of property. It is on a very big private grass lawn right on the water. However, if this is your first visit to Door County, I would stay elsewhere. Ellison Bay is north of and isolated from the main tourist areas. Look for a place closer to Peninsula State Park-Ephraim, Fish Creek, Egg Harbor, Sister Bay, and Bailey's Harbor.

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
2. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

very interested in sister bay area however lookin for a resort with on site boat use "row boat, cayak,paddle boat" Any suggestions.

chicago area
3. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

Sister Bay Marina has a place that rents boats, don't know of any properties in Sister Bay that have boats to use for guests. Nice rental place at the Ephraim marina as well, pontoon boats,paddle boats and kayaks etc. Eagle Harbor in Ephraim is a great place to boat from. There is also a guided kayak tour that goes to Cave Point Park on the lakeside that I have heard good things about. If you are planning an early August trip I would settle on lodging and get a room reserved soon, very busy at that time of year. Loads of great info on the D.C. chamber of commerce website.

Chicago Suburbs
4. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

You can also rent kayaks at the Sister Bay beach and Egg Harbor Beach. In addition to Bayview, look into the Shallows in Egg Harbor, Glidden Lodge, Rowley's Bay Resort, Bailey's Harbor Yacht Club, Gordon Lodge, and Country House in Sister Bay.

Chicago Suburbs
5. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

Also consider Kangaroo Lake Resort.

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
6. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

i think the country house resort is looking good want to stay near sister bay and interested in zip lining. Would you consider the country house resort to be good?

Chicago Suburbs
7. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

Country House is very nice, but you have to be 13 to stay there. The zip line is at Gravity Trails at the Rowley's Bay Resort.

chicago area
8. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

Pheasant Park or Birchwood in Sister Bay, can walk into the village from either one.

Milwaukee
reviews: 1
9. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

Gravity Trails is no longer at Rowleys Bay. I've hear they are building a state of the art canopy tour for the 2013 season though.

Edited: 1:05 pm, January 26, 2013
Wisconsin
reviews: 141
10. Re: Bayview resort and harbor

We toured the Country House and were very impressed with it. It's set on a large piece of land, away from the road. You have a steep walk down to the lake, but some beautiful views. It was a very welcoming, attractive complex.

The two sides of Door County, even though they're only separated by about 10 miles. The Bay side is more crowded, more towns, people, shops, restaurants and lodging. The Lake side is the opposite, more natural, even cooler and quieter. I agree that for your first time, unless you want a more quiet stay, you'd enjoy the Bay side more. However, it's so easy to get around, that no matter where you are, you'll check out most of the area.

Get answers to your questions about Door County