We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Information

Which Mui Ne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barbados
reviews: 33
General Information

Hi,

We are thinking of going to Mui Ne for a few days. Just wondering what type of restaurants are there? Is it possible to get Western food?

Also, can you organise a bus from HCMC to Mui Ne and how much should it cost?

Thanks!

Europe
reviews: 2
1. Re: General Information

I have not been to Mui Ne for the past 4-5 years, but I do not recall any good restaurants at all. Perhaps some have emerged since then. The place is quite isolated and all you've got is the beach and the sand dunes (great place for sunset watching). I remember we took a motorbike ride to Van Thiet, which also has great beaches and a reclining Buddha on a mountain.

I do not believe the bus ride from HCM should set you back more than, say 15 usd. There are open tours en masse leaving HCM every morning and evening.

Edited: 3:04 pm, May 03, 2010
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
reviews: 16
2. Re: General Information

$6-7 will get you there.Western food all over the place.I think it would be easier to get western food there than Vietnamese.

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
reviews: 23
3. Re: General Information

BarbadosSecret,

There are a number of excellent western restaurants in Ham Tien, which is the tourist area next to Mui Ne. I eat at one or more of the following restaurants once or twice a month:

Italian Food: Good Morning Vietnam has the best pizzas, but Luna d'Atunno has the best pastas and main courses.

French: Chasseur Blanc is excellent provincial French cuisine and the portions are huge, including the biggest steaks in Phan Thiet. Paris Restaurant is in a nice setting, but the food is not as good as at Chasseur Blanc.

"Nouveau" American Cuisine: Sankara: Excellent cuisine in a trendy setting

Indian: Shree Ganesh is one of the best Indian Restaurants in which I have ever eaten.

American: Joes: Great "huge" hamburgers and vegetarian sandwiches

British: Sizzlers, Good steaks and meat pies

Steaks: Hot Rock

That should give you a good selection. Look at my post on locations of resorts and restaurants so you will understand where Ham Tien is in relation to Mui Ne. Mui Ne itself only has Vietnamese restaurants and the best Vietnamese restaurant in Mui Ne is Hong Phuc.

melbourne
reviews: 54
4. Re: General Information

Hi, like Steve said plenty of restuants with western food. But there is good vietnamese resturants there as well.

We went by bus Phuong trang Bus Co and trip was excellent. Clean stop for toilet and food. Drop us off at our accommpodation. Could not fault them. Bought our ticket from their office in HC

I think the cost was around $6 each.

cheers

Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Phan Thiet
reviews: 23
5. Re: General Information

BarbadosSecret,

I agree with Grahunts that Phuong Trang is one of the best, if not the best and it has the most frequent schedule between Ho Chi Minh City and Phan Thiet. However, there are many others (Tam Han, Sinh Cafe, Hanh Cafe, etc.) and all at about the same price. Sinh Cafe has sleeper coaches, but unless you take the overnight bus, that is not important.

australia
reviews: 4
6. Re: General Information

We have just visited Mui Ne after 4 years.It has changed. Lots of new resorts have sprung up.When we visited last we came across a little restaurant on the main road opposite the Saigon Mui Ne resort called Sunset Restaurant,The food was excellant and a great variety.Because of the high rents this restaurant has moved about 100 m down. It's down a little path you can miss it so look out for it.The restuarant is amazing now, beautiful gardens and spacious dining areas and best of all the food is still excellant. Don't miss it.

7. Re: General Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 12, 2010