We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 24
Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

Hi All,

Can you tell me what type of rooms are best at Sandals Whitehouse? I'm thinking about going there for my 10th anniversary this summer and no nothing about the property. We stayed at Sandals Antigua last June and it was a AMAZING.. I had the best experience there.

I would like to stay at the new Grenada location -- but there aren't a ton of reviews yet and I know they are working the kinks out. I like that at WH the beach is about 2miles, and private. The huge pool is a plus for me as well. Are the rooms near the beach at WH? That would be great or with it's own walkout pool (if they have one).

Thanks to all who respond!! I love TA forum posters -- they always have the best advice :)

~Chrys

Calgary, AB
reviews: 86
11. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

We stayed in the Dutch Village last year and thought it was perfect - not as far as the French Village, and out of the bustle of the Italian Village. Unfortunately, they had us pegged for the Italian Village, ignoring our request not to be put there, and we waited almost 5 hours to get a room at checkin.

So, that begs my question. Given that the rooms in the Italian Village face the ocean, how much noise do you actually get from the restaurants and other activities? If they offer us a room in the Italian Village again this year I want to know whether we should take it.

Nebraska, United...
reviews: 18
12. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

I've never stayed in the Italian so I can't say for sure, but I would think that maybe with the exception of Wednesdays, with the band, there couldn't be that much noise. The buildings are turned in such a way that I would think they would block much of the sound. I don't think the piazza gets very loud anyway. And, even the band is done before 11, so it's not like an all night party.

anadarko, ok
reviews: 14
13. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

TravelSkeptic: we stayed in the Italian last year and I can't remember being bothered by loud music or any other noise. We were about in the center--a walkout room right by the Italian hottub. We went to bed EARLY like before 10 due to too much sun, fun, and rum during the day! I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that village again. We've always had a walkout room at Sandals Negril and last year at whitehouse. This year we've requested a club level upper floor. Our walkout at SWH didn't have a nice view but it was convenient to go in and out from the beach.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
reviews: 42
14. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

The majority of our stays at SWH have been in the Italian Village (have also stayed a few times in the French) and we've never had noise issues at night. Now I must qualify by saying that I wear earplugs to bed because of hubby's snoring...but no matter what time we are in our room in the evening, we just haven't heard anything which disturbs us. I would gladly take a room in the Italian at any time.

15. Re: Rooms at SWH? Which rooms are best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:31 am, February 08, 2015