We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is best to visit SWH?

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Deville
When is best to visit SWH?

Ok, so I am full of questions and I apologize ahead of time! LOL

When is the best time to go to SWH our of these months? Feburary, April or June?

15 replies to this topic
Rochester, New York
reviews: 59
1. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

February and April are before rainy season. For that alone that's why we visit Jamaica during that time frame

Deville
2. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

thanks!

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 16
3. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

Weather in Feb and April is also likely to be a bit more temperate than in June. We went in August, and while the temps were always in the upper 80's, the heat index in summer was well over 100. It was beastly HOT. We love travelling in the Caribbean in March-April. Weather seems to be a bit less hot/humid during that time.

Deville
4. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

thanks! I am still leaning towards April but I just wanted to double check with others who have been b/c we did have other dates we could go if April was not best time to go.

nova scotia
reviews: 45
5. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

A trip to SWH anytime is better than staying home! Depends what you are referring to when you say 'best' - in what way? Cost? Occupancy rates? Weather? etc...

Alexandria Bay
reviews: 42
6. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

We like to go the first week of March. If I had to go in April, I would go the first week.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
7. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

We went in July and loved it. Yes it was hot but we spent our days in the pool anyway so it was fine. Depends on if you are looking at price, occupancy, etc. summer tends to be lower prices and occupancy. Good luck!!

Deville
8. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

looking at weather, price, and occupancy

Nebraska, United...
reviews: 18
9. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

I like to go when the weather at home is cold. Yes, the return is brutal, but it makes you start thinking about your next trip.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
reviews: 40
10. Re: When is best to visit SWH?

We normally go in Nov, Jan, Feb, March. The weather has been great all those times and despite our worries over hurricane season in November, we had no issues at all and have booked again for this November.

The one thing about SWH is that no matter the occupancy, you won't ever feel crowded. There are 3 large pools to choose from and two miles of beautiful beach. There are enough restaurants (and none require reservations) that you have great variety in dining options. We've been there many times at 100% occupancy and no issues whatsoever.

Reply to: When is best to visit SWH?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted