We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

Which White House hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
reviews: 136
Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

For all you die-heart Appleton Rum drinkers, it's back!!

Good news, Appleton Rum is coming back to Sandals effective 1st December 2012

To quote the CEO

“The decision to serve Appleton Rum was made following the results of a comprehensive survey in which guests asked for its return. We’re always looking to extend the boundaries of what our guests expect during their stay with us and I am proud that we are the kind of organization that can fulfill our guests’ wishes when they make them. They spoke, we listened.”

Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 65
41. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

It had been sold to a company in Trinidad (I'm pretty sure that's the one. It was sold before this regardless) before it was sold to this company in Italy. I assume it will still be produced in Jamaica, and you can still take the rum tour in Jamaica, so in my mind, it is still "Jamaican".

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
42. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

My point being, Appleton is in business to make money and sold out at least two different times to different foreign buyers, for business and financial reasons--no different then Sandals when they made the switch originally from Appleton to ED, for business and financial reasons. Business is business! We are certainly glad that Sandals is back with Appleton, an Italian owned company.

Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
43. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

I had heard from staff that El Dorado was $0.20 a bottle, and Appleton wanted $0.40 a bottle, so of course that adds up. I have no idea what this agreement was for, but I'm very happy that they came to some sort of deal and I get my Appleton back! YUM! :)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
44. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

Not sure about those figures, but none-the-less, business is business. And Sandals is in the business to keep their guests happy, and they did with the new Appleton deal.

San Diego...
45. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

Using the reasoning above, then as the parent company for Budweiser is InBev, which is a Belgian company, ergo, Budweiser is now a Belgian beer??? I'm pretty sure that Budweiser is still seen as an American brand (well apart from the stuff that comes from the Budvar Czech Brewery!) and that going forward Appleton's will continue to be seen as a Jamaican brand.

My beef (now I'm getting hungry as well as thirsty!) here was that I visit places, not only as destinations for a vacation, but to experience everything about a place, including the sights, sounds, culture, etc. as well as the food and the drink. When I go to Jamaica I don't drink Heineken, I drink Red Stripe and I don't drink vodka, I drink rum and I would prefer if if that rum came from the place that I was visiting.

I'm glad to see that Sandal's have switched back to Appleton's

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
46. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

Polmcs, please don't miss read the information above, Appleton is produced in Jamaica and is a Jamaican rum and the comment never stated anything different. If you read the comment above it says that Appleton is now an Italian "owned" company, not that it is Italian. Many of the major brand products across the world are owned by businesses outside the country of origin. Lets all be careful with our interpretations of what we think others say. And I certainly agree with you about enjoying the products produced in the countries we visit. We just returned two weeks ago from a trip to Europe and I always drank the local beers and alcohols. Appleton is a great rum, enjoy!

Edited: 11:22 am, October 02, 2012
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
47. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

I just heard that they are still serving ElD at SA. They must have had a pretty big stock to get rid of before putting the Appleton out. Has anyone else seen the ElD at anyother Sandals?

Rochester, NY
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
48. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

El Dorado was still at the bars at SGR, but the regular Appleton was also at all of the bars, and the Appleton Genesis was at some. No Estate yet. And still crummy El Dorado in our in-room bar. They gave us Appleton upon request though! :)

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
reviews: 24
49. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

@BSB--- did they give you a bottle of Appleton at the return guest dinner?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
reviews: 42
50. Re: Appleton Rum is back at Sandals!!

at SRC we had Appleton in the room and at the Returnee's Dinner. At SWH now and we have El Dorado in the room but we see Appleton at all the bars. Returnee's Dinner is tomorrow night so will see if Appleton is gifted.