We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

Which Rio Grande hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 1
Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

HI-

I've a few questions about transportation from this resort to the attractions/ retaurants nearby:

1- Is it more economical to rent a car from the airport for 4 days so we can drive to the resort and back and also go to the restaurants off the resort. We may want to drive out to a rainforest tour? There is also $15 parking fee/ day at the resort.

2- Can you recommend the closest medical facility to this resort. I'm pregnant and like to know medical care is nearby if needed.

3- Recommendations for good restaurants near Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort

thanks for any recommendations/ suggestions.

San Juan, Puerto...
reviews: 115
1. Re: Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

1. This has been answered many times. In short, yes, rental is cheaper, considering taxi from airport is $65 each way +bags, you can go out for dinner, and you will save on transportation to El Yunque (no need for a tour).

2.I believe the closest large medical center is in Fajardo. Best Peds unit or ob/gyn care will be in Centro Medico in Rio Piedras (san juan) and other hospitals in SJ.

San Francisco CA
2. Re: Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

You have chosen a remote location, so you will need a car to get anywhere off the property.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 14
3. Re: Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

Get a car- just being able to come and go make it worth it.

There are hospitals in Fajardo and in Carolina and larger places in SJ (I would request a SJ hospital over the Fajardo ones). But in Rio Grade there is a 24hr Emergency Center that will be able to handle and stabilize and then get you into an ambulance if needed to a hospital.

Lots of great places to eat outside the resort....do a search for restaurants Rio Mar and you will have a huge list. Luquillo Kiosks are a must- about 45 choices from local to Italian and everything in between. Bakeries (panaderias) for breakfast and sandwiches to go, Antojitos for buffet lunch, Lolita's in Luquillo for Mexican. So many- a new place across from Coqui International called Lluvia and also a totally vegetarian place next door.

West Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Park
reviews: 82
4. Re: Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

The search for restaurants in TA should be under Rio Grande which is the area where the Rio Mar is located. So many of the reataurants have changed since we were there 5 years ago. One thing I do remenber is that there were 4 concierges at the Concierge desk at the Rio Nar and they have lists, menues and preprinted directions to each restaurant as well as their opinions.

Texas
reviews: 1
5. Re: Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

thank you all for your suggestions and recommendations. we are planning to rent a car now so we will plan on trying out a few restaurants in this area.

6. Re: Rio Mar Beach Resort- Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 01, 2014