We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from La Paz to Putre

Which Putre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 15
Bus from La Paz to Putre

Hi,

My partner and I will be travelling between La Paz and Putre by bus but we see that the bus does not stop in Putre, but 5km outside of the town.

Has anyone done this trip lately - would it be better to stop at the border and arrange transport from there? I assume there would be taxi's that could take us to Putre from the border?

Our hotel has suggested we use our mobile phone to let them know when the bus stops at the Putre junction, but I am concerned about having no mobile signal. I am also unsure how we know when we get to the Putre junction!

If it comes down to it, we'll have our walking boots with us though!

Also, can anyone confirm there is a daily bus from Putre to Arica?

Thanks,

Lynda

1 reply
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 22
1. Re: Bus from La Paz to Putre

There is a daily bus from Arica to Putre and from Putre to Arica. Probably the same bus turns around as going is early am and return pm. The company is called La Paloma I think is the only company which does the route.

I am almost sure there is a public phone at the Chilean side of the border, which may be working, if you want to get down at the Putre crossing and be picked up. You probably won't be the only ones getting off there. It should be about an hour after the border. You could see if that works and if panic sets in, continue to Arica.

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Reply to: Bus from La Paz to Putre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Putre
Recent Conversations
More Putre Topics