We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Britain

WpgCanada
Great Britain

Any suggestions on a 2 week tour of England / Scotland.

Land tour

OR

is there a cruise we should look at?

Wigan, United...
reviews: 55
1. Re: Great Britain

Oh wow that is a massive topic JohnBev !

2 weeks doing England / Scotland is a fair amount of time, I would say of course London for a few days, then you need to be getting out of there !

My preferences would be York, Edinburgh,The Lake District and Chester / Wales . You could do all of those in a fortnight and almost in a loop back to London if you chose to do so. You will need a car though !

Of course I have missed off literally hundreds of other places that may merit a look into.

Re cruises, well obviously they tend to stay coastal. But you can get around the British Isles via a cruise easily enough in summer time.

Cruise and Maritimes website may give you some pointers :

http://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/

Jackson, New...
Destination Expert
for New Hampshire, White Mountains
reviews: 23
2. Re: Great Britain

Hi John - probably a good idea to check some of the travel sites like cietours or vacationstogo and look at the various itineraries and prices available to you.

Essex
reviews: 71
3. Re: Great Britain

Get some guidebooks and read up, decide where you want to go, what you want to see.

2 weeks in fact is not much time when you start to want to do a lot of things....

I believe there are some cruises that go 'around' the British Isles, but only in good weather, the North Sea can be brutal in a storm and 'stormier' in winter - though not exclusively so....

Post on the UK forum and CruiseCritic...............

Sheffield
reviews: 83
4. Re: Great Britain

You will know that the UK has reasonable public transport between the major towns and cities though you would need to hire a car for the rural areas.

Have a look at the UK forum and its component parts like the London (TALF).

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
reviews: 134
5. Re: Great Britain

Don't forget Oxford or even Cambridge. Oxford is easily accessible from London by bus or train.

reviews: 1
6. Re: Great Britain

Scotland Haggis Tours I had a great time

Rindge, NH
reviews: 29
7. Re: Great Britain

London has a wonderful bus/underground pass. I think you have to purchase it before you go,I could be wrong. Flashing this pass gets you on everything quickly without having to pay each time. Transportation is easy in London with it!

Connecticut
8. Re: Great Britain

CIE is great, I went on a tour to Ireland a year ago and it was perfect

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 3
9. Re: Great Britain

if you do cie icons of britain (it also tours oxford as well as cambridge, york, windsor, etc)

cietours.com/world/…

10. Re: Great Britain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 pm, August 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions