We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

automobile travel in france

Marco Island...
automobile travel in france

my wife and i will be travelling from paris to paris for 13 days in the latter part of may 2013

we are not interested in north or west of paris or the coast.

we are casual people, looking to see as much as possible. scenery, villages, photographic subjects, local fare and places to stay

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 40
1. Re: automobile travel in france

Hi joel

Welcome to TA and the Road Trips forum.

Please may I ask whether your 13 days is all time outside of Paris, or whether some of those days will be spent touring the City of Light?

The best website for general route planning is:

www.viamichelin.com

Are you aware of the fact that there are several public holidays right across May in France? These can affect travel plans as supermarkets and gas stations (not on autoroutes) can close and even restaurants away from the larger towns. Those that do open may charge more.

Assuming all your time is available for a loop trip, you might want to consider covering the Loire Valley and Burgundy. I have explored both areas extensively over many years, and in fact will be heading back there myself at the end of May!

A rough outline of a trip might include:

Day 1 - Fontainebleue

Day 2 - Auxerre

Day 3 - Dijon

Day 4 and 5 - Beaune

Day 6 - Pouilly sur Loire

Day 7 - Bourges

Day 8 and 9 - Amboise or near Tours/Azay de Rideau

Day 10 and 11 - Angers

Day 12 - Versailles

Day 13 - Return to Paris

Let me know what you think, and I can fill you in with what to see/do at each stop.

Have a great trip,

SWT

Edited: 3:24 pm, March 14, 2013
2. Re: automobile travel in france

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 16, 2014