I made myself an "emergency paper" for while I am on the road. I thought about things to happen while traveling: Passport is lost/stolen and you need to see your consulate/embassy, you have an accident, a critical medical condition and need to go to a hospital, your bank/credit cards get stolen and usually the numbers to dial in this case are ON the credit card - haha! You get arrested and need to contact your embassy. So took a word file and put flw into it:
- Scan of my passport ID page and local ID from my home country (I am an expat living in China)
- insurance number and contact details of my private health insurance
- medical condition/history for quick reference for a doctor (blood type, allergies, current medication etc.)
- whom to contact in an emergency
- important phone numbers i.e. credit card, mobile phone provider, emergency number of the foreign affairs office (like …state.gov/content/…emergencies.html ) and/or the contact details of the local embassy for the country/countries you travel to.
While on the road one copy is in my wallet, one in my luggage and a PDF is online in the cloud. Idea is to save precious time in case of a real emergency and have all data in one place. Like the life vest in a plane. Hope I never need it but surely glad to have it if I need it.
Just wanted to share this with you.