We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

Hi!

I am starting to look into honeymoon location options for July. I really had my heart set on the Maldives but after finding out that it is rainy season that time of year and reading a bunch of other threads on here in regards to the chances of rain I really don't want to take that chance. Considering the amount of money it would cost to go I think exploring other options is a must!

What I really loved from what I have seen online for Baros, Maldives was:

- That it was a small intimate Island

- The intimate/private dining experiences they were able to set up (The sand dunes dining or lunch looked AMAZING)

- The pool water villas and how they looked like they were relatively private

- Amazing snorkeling

So this leads me to the real question at hand. Considering I am looking for July, does anyone have any other ideas for a similar type of experience where I may have a best chance on sunshine???

Thanks in advance!

Jesse

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
1. Re: Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

July is outside the rainy/cyclone season in Fiji. Lots of small island resorts that offer what you are looking for.

The following resorts cater to couples/honeymooners. No children allowed.

Depending on budget have a look at the websites for Likuliku, the only resort in Fiji with over the water bures, Yasawa Island Resort, Royal Davui, Namale, Tokoriki, Qamea, Taveuni Palms, Taveuni Resort & Spa, Qamea, and Matangi, our favorite resort in Fiji.

Less expensive resorts: Matamanoa, Navutu Stars, and Lomani.

2. Re: Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

Thanks for naming out so many options!

I will take a look at these now. I probably should have mentioned (considering the massive price range differences between resorts) that I am looking to keep the daily rate at or below $1200.00 Canadian.

Cheers,

Jesse

Sheffield, United...
3. Re: Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

For something unique, http://www.kayamawa.com/, only easy access by air, fresh water diving, July is middle of "winter", thus is comfortably warm for us used to cooler climes. (strange to see people in sweaters and wooly hats, when we find a "T" shirt just right!) Has been listed by Konde Naste as one of the 10 top honeymoon places on earth

Ivan

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
4. Re: Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

You're welcome, Jesse.

Your budget is very good. should fit most of the resorts mentioned. Namale is all inclusive. Some of the resorts include all meals, meals are extra a others.

Suggest posting on the Fiji Forum with questions for any resorts you are interested in.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294331-i883-Fiji.…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 79
5. Re: Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

Your budget is pretty hefty. Matingi in Fiji is spectacular. You can also consider Aitutaki in the Zcook Islands as well as the Tahiti region. Your time of year is perfect for the South Pacific.

6. Re: Looking for Honeymoon Destination similar to Maldives...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, December 16, 2013