We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Babymoon trip! Need lots of winter destination advice.

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 2
Babymoon trip! Need lots of winter destination advice.

Good evening everyone,

My husband and I are expecting our first child in late May of next year. We both share a love of travel and have recently gone to Italy. We live in the South and make it to beach destinations all the time.

Now that we have a baby on board we would like to go on one final romantic trip before our lives change forever! Here is the plan.

From February 14-19 I will be in Scottsdale, AZ, for a work meeting. I am intending to bring my husband since he has never been before and it's really a nice place to be during the winter. The plan is to leave from Scottsdale and travel somewhere "snowy" in the region. Keep in mind that I won't be able to ski but a nice winter-resort does sound more pleasing to me rather than a tropical locale while "big and pregnant".

My thoughts have ranged anywhere from Park City to Breckenridge to Sante Fe. Although I won't be able to ski, we would ideally enjoy a place that has plenty to do w/ great restaurants (foodies from New Orleans here!), but would still allow us to be in a very peaceful and relaxing environment before the baby arrives.

Please offer any and all suggestions-even if I didn't mention a place you might recommend! Cost wise we would like to keep the hotel/condo at or around $2000 for 5-6 nights.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
reviews: 23
1. Re: Babymoon trip! Need lots of winter destination advice.

While I was pregnant I did a trip similar to what you describe and we went to Lake Tahoe.....................great resort area, festive and snowy atmosphere in winter, but nice and sunny during the day..........excellent restaurants, gambling,lakeview resorts, ski resorts, (my husband skiied, I did not) .................try the Lake Tahoe forum (California or Nevada) for in depth advice if interested........

p.s..................I'm a huge NOLA fan

Edited: 6:49 pm, November 13, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
reviews: 23
2. Re: Babymoon trip! Need lots of winter destination advice.

Lauren................all of the places you mention in your OP are also lovely places to travel..........the best place to get specific questions answered on any of them though would be that destinations forum..........i.e................Breckinridge, Colorado, or Santa Fe, New Mexico or Park City Utah.....................enjoy Scottsdale, it's a city full of fun...if you get a chance when you're there try to make it to Sedona................you'll see the most beautiful red rock formations in the canyons......................happy planning, and congratulations on the impending birth of your baby!

3. Re: Babymoon trip! Need lots of winter destination advice.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 16, 2013