We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai / Maldives Honeymoon 2014

Hartlepool, United...
reviews: 4
Dubai / Maldives Honeymoon 2014

Newbie here. We're just starting to think about our honeymoon in 2014 and have set out hearts on 4 days in Dubai, the 10 days in the Maldives, but to be honest we don't know where to start.

Basically the Dubai part isn't too much of an issue, but with so many islands in the Maldives, we have no idea where to look.

The budget is around £5-6k.

My questions, really, are:

1) What island should we narrow our choices down to, bearing in mind it is our honeymoon!!

2) Which resorts/hotels should be on our shortlist?

3) I've heard food/drink is expensive due to the resorts being on islands, so should we go all inclusive or not?

4) Any recommendations on travel agents?

We'd be looking for a villa on the beach or over water, not really bothered about diving, but some watersports would be good.

Any help/advice/guidance would be very much appreciated as I want to make sure this is a dream holiday in every sense of the word

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 1,264
1. Re: Dubai / Maldives Honeymoon 2014

t would be rather early to book for 2014 a lot of flight schedules are not out so far in advance.

However Emirates will be the airline to do both. Look at online travel agents such as netflights.co.uk, destinology, best@travel.

You should go to the Maldives forum for more information for the right kind of resort for you.

Warrington, United...
2. Re: Dubai / Maldives Honeymoon 2014

Hi,

We are also having our honeymoon in the Maldives April 2014 and like yourselves know prices aren't out yet.

The reason I reply is we have been to Kuredu island 3 times and cant think of anywhere else we would rather return to. To be quite honest, I would hate to spend such a sum of money and be disappointed on some other island!

We have stayed in Beach Bungalows and a Koamas Jacuzzi Beach Villa on an All Inclusive Basis. The restaurants that you would pay to eat in would work out very expensive and can assure you that you wouldn't be disappointed with the variety, quality or presentation of the food available to you at all of the restaruants on the All Inclusive option.

The Beach Bungalows are spacious, clean and comfortable. However, the location is not as nice (Not that anywhere is horrible) as the beach villas. Last year we booked a Beach Bungalow with the travel agent and upgraded direct online with Kuredu to a Jacuzzi Beach Villa which worked out cheaper. I also requested the location and they accomodated us in the perfect spot!

The nightlife is there if you want a livelier evening with music and entertainment or if you wish for quieter, more relaxing, romantic sorroundings, there are bars / coffee bars offering that also.

I have always used the same Travel Advisor who works independently and I can provide you with his details if you wish to obtain some prices? We went with Kuoni last time and Hayes & Jarvis previous to them. I would recommend both but Kuoni do have a VIP lounge in Male airport which included in their price offer complimentary drinks and snacks which added to our experience.

I have never been disappointed with any aspect of Kuredu and cannot wait to return.

I hope this brings you one step closer to your decision and hope that if you do choose Kuredu you find my comment truthful.

Good luck. :)

3. Re: Dubai / Maldives Honeymoon 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, December 15, 2013