We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian trains run on time...more or less?

New York City, New...
Italian trains run on time...more or less?

Hi, I just bought online a ticket: Verona-Bologna-Florence. As there's no direct Verona-Florence trains one has to connect either at Padova or Bologna. My ticket shows a 23 minutes interval to catch the connecting train from Bologna to Florence. Is that enough time? Are Trenitalia trains in general on time? Will it be easy to find my connecting train and not get lost at Bologna Central?

2 replies to this topic
Bucks
reviews: 2
1. Re: Italian trains run on time...more or less?

It will take 2 minutes to step off one train, glance at the departure boards and step onto another.

Trenitalia's high speed trains exceed 90% on time or within 15 minutes.

You'll be fine!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
2. Re: Italian trains run on time...more or less?

You'll be fine.

When looking at the departure screens, it's the train number and departure time that's important to you. On the smaller screens, only the final destination of the train is shown, which won't be Florence.

There are in fact half a dozen fast direct Verona-Florence trains. But they go to the slightly out of centre Firenze Campo di Marte station, not to Firenze S. M. Novella, so changing trains is often the best option.

Reply to: Italian trains run on time...more or less?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted