We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

Geelong, Australia
reviews: 23
Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

I am going to buy a french rail pass before I leave Australia. This will cover me for the 4 days on trains in France. I wanted to go to Bruges, one way, how can you get your ticket extended from the border to Bruges..

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

a France pass is not a good idea, search this forum and you will find the reasons why.

For a summary of the issues, look at "Railpasses for France, a warning..." paragraph in

www.seat61.com/France-trains.htm#.Ue949axBEgI

Geelong, Australia
2. Re: Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

Thanks for the hint, I did a test and booked all rail 90 days ahead and came out 70 euros better off

Bucks
reviews: 2
3. Re: Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

Forget your pass!

Go online NOW and book a ticket from Paris to Brussels from €35, in fact at www.b-europe.com you can book through to Bruges using Thalys Any Belgian Station fare.

Geelong, Australia
4. Re: Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

Thank you for replying, I have spent so much time on your website I feel I know you:)

We are not going until next year but I will take note of your suggestions.

The 3 rail trips we are planning are:

Paris to Monets garden

Paris to Bruges

Beziers back to Paris

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
reviews: 19
5. Re: Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

The Paris - Bruges and Beziers - Paris tickets can be booked on line as suggested above, Any railpass will not include the compulsory reservations, so once you know your dates get going to the relevant train company websites!

Monet's garden is in Giverny, nearest station Vernon. Reservation is not required for trains on that route but you might save some money by buying tickets in advance.

Edited: 2:28 pm, July 24, 2013
Geelong, Australia
6. Re: Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

Thank you for your assistance, much appreciated.

We were going by train from Bruges to Beziers but Ryanair got the nod there because the of price and time.

7. Re: Have France rail pass, but need one trip to Brussells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 26, 2014