We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter railing Eastern Europe

Leeds, United...
Inter railing Eastern Europe

I'm deciding to either buy the pass or do it on the go. I hear on the go is cheaper but how would buying ticket go about? & is there a massive price difference between them?

My plan is to go Stockholm - Vilnius - Warsaw - Krakow (unsure would u recommend) - Prague - Budapest - Croatia -

I'm from the uk so would it be best to fly to Sweden or get train to start off Iam completely no idea how to go about this I need help.

Where would be good to book tickets which websites

Kind regards

Hauey

Cape Coral, Florida
reviews: 6
1. Re: Inter railing Eastern Europe

Go to www.seat61.com

Derry, United...
reviews: 21
2. Re: Inter railing Eastern Europe

Raileurope.co.uk will give you train times and ticket prices, as well as allowing you to book tickets. The site gets a lot of criticism on TA, but this is mainly from people using overseas versions which seem to charge a lot more, the UK version has always charged similar prices to individual country train websites in my experience.

You can book tickets around 90-120 days in advance so can have a look to see how much this would cost and then compare with the price of a pass. Remember, if you buy a pass you will still need to pay for a seat reservation on some or possibly all the trains you use.

Bucks
reviews: 2
3. Re: Inter railing Eastern Europe

If you're under 26 years old, that swings it, and the InterRail pass can be very good value, as well as being very flexible.

If you're over 26, it's more difficult to tell, in fact there might be little difference. If you're prepared to pre-book you can get bargain fares that undercut the pass cost, for example Prague to Budapest from €19 at www.cd.cz/eshop.

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
reviews: 40
4. Re: Inter railing Eastern Europe

Rail fares are cheap in eastern Europe so a pass for this short trip would probably not be cost effective. Also the Inter rail is not valid in Lithuania. You would need to do a ferry trip between Sweden and Lithuania.

I recently did Vilnius to Warsaw and bought a ticket on the day of travel it cost about £30. Train fares are cheap in Poland and I bought tickets on the day of travel crossing from East to West in four days and spent no more than about £40.

You need to check out the websites of the national websites, if you want flexibility then you will not pay much more than buying a turn up and go ticket then buying one in advance.

5. Re: Inter railing Eastern Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 26, 2014