We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need a visa if working as a physio at Games

Melbourne
reviews: 3
Do you need a visa if working as a physio at Games

My son is going to Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games 2014. Do you know if he requires a working visa as he is will be paid by company in Australia whilst he is over there? If so where does he go to get one?

3 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Do you need a visa if working as a physio at Games

I think any response from a travel forum on the specific visa rules associated with a commercial sports event like this, is likely pure speculation. I would approach his "sponsor" company in Australia and ask them. There might be a website set up for participants which lists what's needed, as well.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: Do you need a visa if working as a physio at Games

Unlikely. I am from a commonwealth country and I do work, paid work, quite often in the UK. They know about it. They don't give me any reason to worry about getting in. I'm always there for only a week or two and my payment comes from the US.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 205
3. Re: Do you need a visa if working as a physio at Games

As noted, you should have him contact the team for which he is working. I can't speak for the Commonwealth Games, but at the Olympics in Sochi, for example, your credential served as a visa and no additional documentation was needed.

Good luck.

Reply to: Do you need a visa if working as a physio at Games
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions