We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurobuzz cell phones

Billings, Montana
reviews: 1
Eurobuzz cell phones

We happened upon the Eurobuzz website today, and while what they are offering is not a smart phone, it sounds as though it would be a simple, easy solution to staying in touch if you aren't making a lot of calls while in Europe. Has anyone had any experience with these phones and this company?

8 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 183
1. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

There's a post on this thread (link below) for someone with a similar need who purchased one. My recommendation is to click on their screen name and send them a message. That's all I could see when I searched.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12407-k5243955…

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 80
2. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

In Europe and the UK there are a few cell phone suppliers that charge only pennies per minute to call North America. Just take over an unlocked phone or get one there for about $25.

Florida
reviews: 92
3. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

I've used the Eurobuzz phone with great satisfaction in France and Italy in 2012 and in Spain in 2013. Use only for local reservations and to have in case of emergency to call home to USA. It suite our travel style perfectly. Just give it a good charge before leaving home.

Delray jack

Leesburg, Virginia
reviews: 92
4. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

We purchased one and used it in Venice and other locations on a Mediterranean cruise. We were happy to have it as my sisters flight was cancelled and we would have been waiting endlessly for their arrival in Venice. You get a phone number that will always be yours. You pay as you use it and the rates were very reasonable. They make the charges direct to the card number you provide. Phone was small and easy to use. I'm wishing we could do the same for our trip to Canada, which is what I'm researching.

Ottawa, Kansas
5. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

I just returned from a trip to Ireland where I used a Eurobuzz phone. I was very disappointed. I was able to only get service a few times in 11 days in the country and a few of those times was disconnected after about 15 seconds. We traveled from Dublin west to Galway and then south around the country back to Dublin. It was pretty much the same story everywhere. The only place that got through the first time was in Killarney. IN other places I tried numerous times and then finally got through at about midnight. The Eurobuzz service representatives were very nice but unable to help much. In a way it was worse than no service at all, because I went to Ireland with the false impression that I could easily reach family back home and that they could reach me if necessary.

I had used this service in Italy and was happy with it, but I would suggest for Ireland that you skip it.

Echo Beach
reviews: 172
6. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

I suggest you get a fido pay as you go chip for your phone. Or if your from the USA just call your service provider and get a roaming package that's generally the best.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

I've spent quite some time in Europe in many countries and I've had nothing but success with G3 Wireless. I always buy a pre-paid plan to use with my iPhone for calling and data, which helps me get by while I'm traveling and on vacation/ business trips. I especially like buying from the US because I arrive in Europe with a usable phone in my hand.

8. Re: Eurobuzz cell phones

I just returned from a 3-week trip to England, Scotland and France. I tried using my EuroBuzz phone on numerous occasions, including on arrival to let my meeting party know where to find me, and was able to complete a call only ONE TIME. In addition, I got a charge of $10.27 for a call to the EuroBuzz service line allegedly made the day AFTER I TURNED IT OFF AND STORED IT. I am NOT a Happy Wanderer!

Reply to: Eurobuzz cell phones
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions