We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best up market business hotel in London?

London, United...
Best up market business hotel in London?

I've been tasked with sourcing an upmarket hotel in London. Location needs to be pretty central but quality is important. The company will be accommodating 10 of our VPs for 14 days mostly in suites with 16 other employees also needing accommodation. A spa / gym would also be useful. Any suggestions?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 51
1. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

Need more details.

1. Budget.

2. Business/Conference/Function requirements.

3. Configuration of the suites/rooms.

4. Collateral requirements - limousine service, secretarial service, butler service, security requirements.

5. Quality - Rating? Reputation? Decor? Service Delivery?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
2. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

Quick list -

International Government standard;

1. Claridges

2. Four Seasons Park Lane

3. Savoy

International Corporate standard;

1. The Connaught

2. Mandarin Oriental

3. The Berkeley

Second tier alternatives for corporate purpose;

1. InterContinental Park Lane

2. Sofitel St James

3. The Langham

UK
reviews: 89
3. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

What about The Ritz?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
4. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

It's a very good point Joe, and The Ritz is a most luxurious and glamorous property indeed.

The hotel is steeped in history, and quite possibly only matched by the Savoy in that aspect. But it is this very history, that tends to direct patrons perception, that the grandeur of the property was predominantly based on catering and peerless food & beverage service - as opposed to high level international business.

The hotel of course has evolved over time, whilst maintaining its traditionally held high regards by competitors. However in the industry, whether it be right or wrong, The Ritz hasn't been able to shake the image of it being a property geared towards grand scale leisure. I currently don't have the STR Global statistics at hand, but I'd envisage the ratio of corporate to leisure clients in the hotel to be considerably lower than the properties I've listed previously.

Nevertheless, I feel you're correct, in that any patron would be more than delighted to conduct business at The Ritz.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
5. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

OP,

One definite piece of advice. If you are based in London, I would be making a point of getting in touch with the Sales Executive/Manager in charge of Corporate and MICE Sales at each of the properties. Make a point of requesting a site inspection by appointment, and if possible sample some of the catering.

If your company is indeed serious about conducting business at a top end property, preparation of paperwork to indicate a formal line of credit, should be at the ready.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 81
6. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

Lots of good info from KVE here. My personal preference has been the Savoy, especially after its re-do 18 months ago. The Four Seasons is usually a good choice too. When having to stay in "The City" I often use the Andaz.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
7. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

The Andaz is a brilliant mention GeoMedic, and particularly the London property, as it is pioneer of sorts for that brand worldwide. They have been received in the industry as the "colorful" sister to the Park Hyatt brand, and very quickly establishing a name for themselves.

With top end corporate demographics, history and brand loyalty appear to go hand in hand statistically, and the relatively 'young' age of The Andaz brand, is the only reason why it hasn't made more of an impact. However, given the progressive nature of corporate business, it is only a matter of time before such properties as The Andaz receives more recognition in this particularly competitive market.

8. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, May 08, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
9. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

I think the OP was after more than just discount hotel suggestions.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
10. Re: Best up market business hotel in London?

Just a follow on from the previous post about The Andaz brand.

Making all the right noises in NYC...

hotelchatter.com/story/2013/6/2/7949/09521/h…