We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accor Loyalty program

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Accor Loyalty program

The worse program ever.... don't do it, don't trust them. worse customer service... Hotels are nice and some of them super nice... but the points program really not good. Sorry...

40 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
369 reviews
31. Re: Accor Loyalty program

I can tell you that some programs are far more lousy than the Accor one. Take Hilton Honor for instance. It is a joke (I can compare having a premium status on both).

The fact is the allocation for 2015 has not yet be decided. This is just sound management...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
32. Re: Accor Loyalty program

I agree with you on Hilton Honor.

Years ago they blanked out thousands of points from my account due to lack of activity.

I had to negotiate using a deliberate stay to get them back.

Unfortunately I wasn't introduced to TripAdvisor back then.

For someone who doesn't write reviews often, Le Club Accor has really got me very upset ...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
19,505 posts
58 reviews
33. Re: Accor Loyalty program

>>>Anyway, the most dishonest thing is, Accor allocates a very small tiny percentage of the rooms in each property for "complimentary nights"<<<

That is correct, but it's not dishonest. There's nothing in the program that says every participating hotel makes available their entire inventory. And there's no guarantees given about blackout dates. It has to be a balance between participating and also maintaining reasonable revenue.

>>>The hotel can be practically empty but there is a high chance of not having any room for "complimentary nights"<<<

Grossly inaccurate. It is when hotels are most empty, they want to load complimentary night inventory.

>>>I tried Sofitel Singapore, and I am informed the complimentary stay is totally full from now until end of 2015<<<

I'm not sure who told you this, but it's utter nonsense, as mentioned by Swiss. The higher end brands of Accor, such as MGallery, Pullman, Sofitel So, Sofitel, and Sofitel Grand, will load inventory with a shorter availability 'window', as it can greatly impact their daily revenue figures. A typical window is three months out, and in the major cities most commonly on Sunday and Monday nights, when their BAR rates are at the lowest. This minimizes the impact on their ADR.

When you look at loyalty programs, they fall into two distinct categories. Those that focus heavily on rooms and status benefits, and those that are ore balanced between rooms and F&B discount benefits. Le Accor is the latter. It's not spectacular, but I absolutely agree that there are far worse loyalty programs.

Edited: 1:57 pm, July 01, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
34. Re: Accor Loyalty program

You cannot make sweeping statements like those without going through the process.

I can paste screen shots here for proof, but I don't see the necessity.

But I need to remind you, sometimes internet application logic do not go hand in hand with the hotelier's, and this can cause a lot of unhappiness.

Anyway, Sofitel Singapore has contacted me and has offered to clear my 2 complementary nights.

So they are not the worst Loyalty Program, because they made an effort to solve a problem.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
19,505 posts
58 reviews
35. Re: Accor Loyalty program

What sweeping statements are you referring to?

36. Re: Accor Loyalty program

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:33 am, July 05, 2014
Edited: 8:33 am, July 05, 2014

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,131 posts
369 reviews
37. Re: Accor Loyalty program

Keith,

When it comes to hotel management, I can guarantee you KVE knows what he is talking about. But I am happy to read the happy ending of your story.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,263 posts
192 reviews
38. Re: Accor Loyalty program

Reported #36 for Soliciting..

Taino, Lombardia...
1 post
2 reviews
39. Re: Accor Loyalty program

I joined the Accor program nearly a year ago and although I like the hotels, I find the organisation of the loyalty scheme quite bizarre. Points are very rarely credited without me chasing them up and then having to send a pdf of the final invoice. This is despite the fact that I book and pay for it via THEIR OWN ACCOR WEBSITE!!

The problem is that I always forget to ask for the invoice because I've paid well in advance and don't need it.

I realise that it's a french organisation and having worked in France for almost ten years and loved the place, I know that they have a completely different mentality when it comes to bureaucracy, (they seem to love it!) but come on, this is supposed to be a global market!

They really need to improve their system.

1 post
40. Re: Accor Loyalty program

I like thisloyalty program

Reply to: Accor Loyalty program
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions