We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accor Loyalty program

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
Accor Loyalty program

The worse program ever.... don't do it, don't trust them. worse customer service... Hotels are nice and some of them super nice... but the points program really not good. Sorry...

38 replies to this topic
Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 35
1. Re: Accor Loyalty program

If you want anybody to take your post seriously, you might consider posting some details as to why you don't like their program. Otherwise, this is just a meaningless rant that serves no useful purpose to anybody.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 31
2. Re: Accor Loyalty program

If have to agree with DCH in this scenario.

The purpose of the forum is to share information do it can be of use to others.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: Accor Loyalty program

I would agree that it is the worst program to which I belong. Here are some grump points...

- No credit for conference booked rooms even if the rate is higher than standard rates.

- I've never had correct, timely, or full credit for points/nights stayed without submitting afterward (I'd hesitate to guess that individual hotels are back charged for points granted giving them incentive to "forget"... but I speculate)

- It takes an arm and a couple legs of points to get anything reasonable as an award

- Earning, even if you do get credit is very, very slow.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
4. Re: Accor Loyalty program

That's fair enough and I personally feel there are numerous loyalty programs considerably better.

And I agree entirely with what you've stated GeoMedic, except with the point about conference booked rooms.

That comes down entirely to specific hotels, that's not an Accor worldwide policy. Also with most MICE reservation, there is usually an offset like minimal room hire charges, no audiovisual equipment costs, complimentary F&B, components, far far greater flexibility in date, number and name changes, comp room nights per each ten booked etc.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
reviews: 509
5. Re: Accor Loyalty program

Hi,

The worse program ever - you need to say why ??

Accor we use regularly for conference rooms & accommodation.

" or full credit for points/nights stayed without submitting afterwards " - Very true GM - we always have to check they have noted our stay & check points etc.

However; we have had a few excellent upgrades lately through Accor which we loved.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
6. Re: Accor Loyalty program

>>>I've never had correct, timely, or full credit for points/nights stayed without submitting afterward<<<

That's probably one of the worst sticking points about the Accor Loyalty Program, and it is very much due to the fact that there is no one person, who is designated in the role of coordinating or updating earned points, at any given property. IME, that task is usually 'lumped' onto one of the senior duty management in the Front Office, and should they have a particularly busy week/month, it gets back logged badly. That isn't even taking into consideration, that persons days off etc. Each property should employ a permanent part timer, designated specifically to oversee this, and that would alleviate this problem considerably.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 265
7. Re: Accor Loyalty program

I love this program, notably for the great cheque feature, i.e. the possibility to use USD rewards for whatever we want within the chain instead to be limited to points that loose value at each program's update...

Never had furthermore to claim for my points.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 265
8. Re: Accor Loyalty program

Freddie Award, Program of the Year, Europe/Africa Hotel: Le Club Accorhotels!

So I'm not the only one... :-)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 256
9. Re: Accor Loyalty program

I am a member of this scheme and my status varies year on year. I am currently Gold but have been Platinum in the past. I can't say I have noticed any particular benefits from the Elite level apart from free Wi-Fi in a Mercure once and the acclerated points awarded.

I can't say it is the greatest scheme but I've never had any significant issues with points being credited to my account. Maybe I have just been lucky with the hotels that i have stayed at.....

As for the use of the points, I don't really know how generous it is, I always transfer to my BA Executive Club account and view it as I am getting something for nothing

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
10. Re: Accor Loyalty program

This maybe of interest for you Swissdiver.

The latest 'Business' venture from Accor

hotelnewsresource.com/article71819Accor_Laun…

But it doesnt mention any loyalty benefits.

Reply to: Accor Loyalty program
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions